12 Reasons Why Women Don’t Listen To Men
Psychologist Robert Leahy made a list of reasons why men don’t listen to women. Sure maybe he’s not listening to us because he want us to be rational rather than emotional, but it’s pretty likely that at that point, we’re not listening to him either. While this list is an interesting look at why communication breaks down between the sexes from the male perspective, we thought it would only be fair to make a list of reasons why women tune men out. Check them out after the jump. Why do you stop listening? Share in the comments.
- He’s so wrapped up in trying to fix everything that he misses the point completely and we give up.
- His BS-o-meter is blinkly wildly and flashing lights. He’s so defensive and making too many excuses, that we know he’s just grasping for straws. Poor fool.
- He is yelling at us. Ears closed.
- He claims to totally understand what we said, but we know he doesn’t have a clue.
- He’s not actually listening to us. He zones out so he can focus on his football game or whatever and all we get is the automated ”Right honey” or “Yes, Dear.” That’s not a conversation.
- He’s turned off his emotional responsiveness. If we’re discussing something that is emotional for us, and he’s being all robot-like, we don’t really feel like we’re getting anywhere and we tune him out.
- He gets fixated on one really bizarre, really technical point and can’t let it go. Consider us gone.
- He rambles on and on and never seems to get to a point. We probably fell asleep with our eyes open.
- He tells us the same story (or a variation of the same story) over and over again and we’re sick of hearing it. Let’s please move on from that story.
- He uses weird analogies that make no sense. Confusion = no longer listening.
- He talks too softly or mumbles, so we just smile and nod and pretend we can hear him but we’ve stopped trying.
- He makes us feel like he is doing us a favor by listening to us. Screw that.