Today’s Lady News: Breast Implants Linked To Cancer
- Breast implants, both saline and silicone, have been linked to lymphoma, a rare form of cancer, the FDA has announced. Lymphoma is not breast cancer, but it did develop around the scars left by the implants. [New York Times]
- Anti-abortion extremist Randall Terry — he runs Operation Rescue — has announced that he will challenge President Obama next year for the Democratic presidential nomination. Good luck with that. [CNN]
- Spanx for pregnant women sound … dangerous. [Globe and Mail]
- Happy 67th birthday (yesterday) to black studies academic Angela Davis! Let’s review the past four decades of her work. [Colorlines]
- Arkansas’ Senate Public Health, Welfare and Labor Committee advanced a bill that would require women seeking health insurance coverage for abortion to pay extra by purchasing a “rider” to their plan. [CNBC]
- Krystal Ball — the former Congressional candidate whose embarrassing private photos were posted to the Internet by those who were trying to smear her — has a new website up that encourages other young women like her to get into politics. [Girl With Pen]
- Tech entrepreneur Jessica Livingston addresses what is holding women back from doing their own start-ups. [Founders At Work]
- Sarah Baker, age 33, of Alexandria, Ohio, is walking from Ohio to Louisiana in support of oil conservation. [NOLA.com]
- Brisenia Flores, age nine, was killed recently in Arizona when members of an anti-immigration group, claiming to be law enforcement officers, broke into her parents’ house. Brisenia ‘s mom was also shot during the home invasion, but played dead. [Feministing]
- Former Chilean President Michelle Bachelet is hoping to raise $500 million over two years for UN Women, a new agency which she heads. [AP]
- Does this news story out of the Davos conference “pitting wives vs. mistresses vs. aspiring mistresses” piss anyone else off? Seriously, it’s a conference filled with the most brilliant people in the world and women are being reduced to wives or mistresses? [CNBC]
- The UK’s Home Secretary Theresa May has publicly chastised MP Dominic Raab — who recently accused feminists of “obnoxious bigotry” and suggested men are the real victims — and accused him of fueling “gender warfare.” [BBC]
- Women are playing a role in the revolution in Tunisia. [NPR]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.