Today’s Lady News: Columnist Declares February A Sarah Palin-Free Month
- Washington Post op-ed writer Dana Milbank has pledged to make February a Sarah Palin-free month in his column. Perhaps we should follow in his footsteps … [Washington Post]
- Why isn’t Condoleezza Rice married? That’s the pressing question TV host Piers Morgan asked the former Secretary of State when she visited his new talk show on CNN. [Black Voices]
- A Washington state rep introduced a bill this week that would require so-called “crisis pregnancy centers” to publicly disclose their anti-abortion agenda to wannabe patients. (Typically, “crisis pregnancy centers” set up shop near actual abortion clinics to purposefully confuse women, and once inside, they’ll make the women watch anti-abortion videos and lie to them about health effects of abortion.) Not surprisingly, Care Net, the nation’s largest chain of Christian “crisis pregnancy centers,” which operates 38 sham clinics in Washington, is hopping mad. [Seattle Post-Intelligencer]
- Birth control pills don’t cause weight gain, according to a new study of rhesus monkeys at the Oregon National Primate Research Study Center. So if you’re worried about your slutty pet monkey getting fat from The Pill, fret not. [New York Daily News]
- A Wyoming House committee sent a bill to the state’s House of Representatives that would require doctors performing abortions to inform women they can look at an ultrasound of the fetus or listen to its heartbeat if they want. [KULR]
- An anti-abortion commercial starring football player Tim Tebow and his mother which aired during last year’s Super Bowl has won a National Religious Broadcasters award. [Denver Post]
- Tomorrow is the 38th anniversary of the Supreme Court’s Roe vs. Wade decision. [Feministing]
- The brother of “Harry Potter” actress Afshan Azad has been sentenced to six months in jail in the UK for punching her, pulling her hair and throwing her across the room when he learned she was dating a non-Muslim. Azad, 21, played Padma Patil in the movie series. She had requested that her brother not be jailed, but the judge wisely said, “Domestic violence involving circumstances such as have arisen here cannot be tolerated.” [EW.com]
- Chef Angela Harnett reacts to the news that a record number of female chefs have been awarded Michelin stars, one of the highest honors in restaurant reviews. [Guardian UK]
Submit stories to be included in Today’s Lady News at [email protected] Thanks!
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.