Today’s Lady News: Remembering Christina Green, 9, Victim Of Tucson Shooting
- A remembrance of Tucson, Arizona shooting victim, nine-year-old Christina Green, who had recently won a seat on her student council and just wanted to meet her local politician, Gabrielle Giffords. (Randomly, Christina is the cousin of “One Tree Hill” actress Sophia Bush.) [Ms. Magazine]
- Miss England beauty queen Katrina Hodge is deploying for her second tour in Afghanistan. [Styleite]
- The abortion rate has stalled after 30 years in decline, according to a new study by the Guttmacher Institute, which collects data on reproductive rights. Also, drug-induced (i.e., medical) abortions with RU-486 are on the rise. [Reuters]
- A Republican state rep in Kansas has filed a bill to remove an exemption on the ban against late-term abortions if it would harm the woman’s mental health. Fantastic. [KCUR]
- A female employee at the Peabody Municipal Light Plant in Massachusetts has claimed she was passed over for a promotion because of her age and because she is a woman. She claims a man who was 13 years younger and less qualified got the position. The plant has been accused of sex discrimination in the past. [SalemNews.com]
- Katha Pollit of The Nation takes Naomi Wolf to task for claiming that identifying rape victims by name will actually be good for women. [The Nation]
- Miriam O’Reilly, a former presenter on the show “Countryfile,” has won an age discrimination lawsuit against the BBC, which allegedly fired her because she looked too old for television. [Daily Mail]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.