Today’s Lady News: The Regrets Of A Stay-At-Home Mom
- These are the regrets of a stay-at-home mom who “opted out” of the workforce, got divorced, and is now broke. For anyone who would eventually like to stay at home and raise some babies, this is a must-read. [Salon.com]
- Beth Ditto of The Gossip is writing a memoir! Yay! [Vogue IT]
- A Kentucky Senate committee OK’d a bill that would require a woman to view an ultrasound of her fetus before having an abortion. They call it “informed consent”; I call it somewhat cruel, depending on the circumstances. [Courier-Journal.com]
- Sorta-feminist Naomi Wolf now has a (fake) Twitter account. [Twitter]
- A Nebraska lawmaker has introduced a bill that would further limit how a woman pays for an abortion under the new health care reform laws. [Omaha.com]
- Lawmakers held a press conference today about the totally-uncontroversial-but-nevertheless-vilified Equal Rights Amendment. I don’t mean to be snotty, but good luck with that. [Ms. Magazine]
- Anti-abortion Iowa legislators are encircling safe and legal abortions, too. Ugh. [WHOtv]
- The micro-loan organization Kiva.org is partnering with Lifetime Television, Dermalogica skincare, and others to focus specifically on female entrepreneurs. [IndyMedia]
- Any web-comics fans out there? Check out this interview with Nicole Hollander, who draws “Sylvia” and this other interview with Dorothy Gambrell, who draws “Cat and Girl.” [The Grio]
- Planned Parenthood has a new blog called The Bikini, which looks really boring despite the fun name. [The Bikini]
- Nicki Minaj is the first female rapper with an album (Pink Friday) to go platinum in eight years. Lil’ Kim was the last one. [Feministing]
- A 19-year-old in Zambia died from a botched abortion three days ago. It’s unclear whether it was done in unsafe/illegal circumstances, but it’s incredibly sad nevertheless. [Lusaka Times]
- A Winnipeg church is upset about posters which appeared around town reading “God raped Mary.” Insensitive to both Christians and rape victims. [Toronto Sun]
- Children who were conceived via rape after Haiti’s devastating earthquake last year are now being born. [MSNBC]
- Meet Germany’s most famous female lawyer, Susanne Baer, who will soon be sitting as a judge. [Deutsche Welle]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.