Today’s Lady News: Naomi Wolf Says Sex-Crime Accusers Deserve To Be Named
- Naomi Wolf (author of, among other things, The Beauty Myth) has really taken her Julian Assange defense to a whole new level. In an op-ed for the U.K.’s Guardian newspaper, Wolf says that not only should the women accusing Assange of rape be named in the press, but rape accusers in general shouldn’t be granted anonymity. She says that the practice of “shielding rape accusers is a relic of the Victorian era” and that “the outcomes harm women.” [Guardian U.K.]
- ESPN has fired Ron Franklin, the announcer who berated a female colleague and called her “sweet baby” and an “a-hole.” [ESPN]
- Nancy Pelosi handed over her gavel to new Speaker of the House John Boehner, who was officially elected today. [Huffington Post]
- Crazypants Michelle Bachman, R-Minn., is supposedly considering a 2010 presidential run. She will not get the gay vote. [Huffington Post]
- Apparently, Snooki’s debut novel, A Shore Thing, contains a date rape scene. [Jezebel]
- Some stats that show more and more women are falling into poverty in the U.S. [Post-Gazette]
- Amy Ernst, who works in the Congo for an organization that supports rape survivors (rape is often used a weapon of war in the region), has written an interesting essay about men who stay with their wives after they’re raped. [NY Times]
Sorry for the short Lady News today. Jessica is off and I am tired and in need of a drink. Your regular Today’s Lady News awesomeness will be back tomorrow.
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.