Today In Terribleness: Death By Neck Massage?
Electronic neck massagers are the perfect way to end a long day of holiday shopping and gift wrapping, right? Uh, maybe not. A 37-year-old Florida woman, Michelle Ferrari-Gegerson, was found dead on her bedroom floor on Christmas Eve after her electronic massager wrapped around her necklace and strangled her to death. Authorities are not yet giving information about the make and model of the massager, but we should be expecting a recall any day now. I’m still not sure I understand how exactly that happened, but consider me terrified enough never to use an electronic neck massager ever again just in case it should decide to strangle me while I’m relaxing. Good lord, that’s an awful thought. [Palm Beach Post]