Today’s Lady News: Catholic Hospital In Trouble For Giving Woman Life-Saving Abortion
- The Catholic Church has unaffiliated itself with an Arizona hospital after it performed an abortion on a woman who would have died had she carried her pregnancy to term. St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center removed a dying 11-week-old fetus from a mother of four, but Bishop Thomas J. Olmsted stripped the Catholic affiliation from the facility because he said abortion can never be justified under the church’s teaching. (Thanks to commenter Ashmeekah for the link!) [Politics Daily]
- UCONN’s Huskies women’s basketball team have beat a 88-game winning streak record — originally set by the UCLA men’s team in the ’70s — after the gals beat Florida State on Tuesday night. Congratulations, ladies! [NPR]
- Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN), who sponsored The International Protecting Girls by Preventing Child Marriage Act bill that died in the House, said abortion fear-mongering killed the bill even though the bill had nothing to do with abortion. [StarTribune.com]
- Who stands to benefit the most from the repeal of “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”? The racial issues blog ColorLines argues it will be black lesbians. [ColorLines]
- You know you want to read a first-person account of working at a sex shop in the South. [The Gloss]
- What would Jesus do about sex trafficking? Good question. [Salon.com]
- This fall, Colombia passed a law guaranteeing free birth control and contraceptive procedures (tubal litigation, vasectomies, etc.) to all who want them. However, Colombia still seriously restricts access to abortion. [Los Angeles Times]
- A mental health care provider gave her two co-workers a religious pamphlet about the alleged psychological problems experienced by women after an abortion and is now facing firing. Margaret Forrester passed the pamphlet along to the family planning personnel at Central North West London Mental Health Trust because she thought they were leading women astray. [Telegraph UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.