Today’s Lady News: Colorado Gets Its First Lesbian Supreme Court Judge
- Meet Monica Marquez, 41, the first lesbian and Latina Supreme Court justice in Colorado. Monica and her dad, a retired senior judge who was the state’s first Latino to serve on the appeals court. Both cried with joy as he read to her the Colorado Supreme Court oath. She’s a graduate of Stanford and Yale and a former deputy state attorney general. [Denver Post]
- The women of the Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra have new outfits and this is news. [Yahoo]
- Someone at WashingtonPost.com is letting the authors of The Frisky’s fave book ever, The Man Whisperer, do an online chat today. Anyone up for a double dose of learning why women don’t need equality with men? [TBD.com]
- We’ve said it before, we’ll say it again: 2011 was a crap year for women in politics. [The American Prospect]
- The Senate Foreign Relations Committee passed the International Violence Against Women Act yesterday, which works to reduce violence against women and girls. [Ms. Magazine]
- Jezebel blogger Irin Carmon’s title, “Anti-Abortion Threats, Now With Hearts and Rainbows!,” pretty much says it all. [Jezebel]
- Latino culture blog Guanabee breaks down the top four reasons young Latinas are waiting to make babies. [Guanabee]
- Pop-soul singer Darlene Love has (finally) been selected for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Let’s all listen to her version of “Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)” in her honor! [NPR]
- “Proud To Serve: A Portrait of LGBT Veterans” is lesbian photographer Jo Ann Santangelo’s touching exhibit in New York City on those affected by the military’s “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy. If you can’t make it to NYC, the photographer is selling a book with photos from the project. [AfterEllen.com]
- Any “Schoolhouse Rock” fans in the house? Who knew it had hidden feminist messages?!?! [The Atlantic Monthly]
- You may recognize the author of this Skirt! magazine op-ed about whether reality TV is bad for women … [Skirt.com]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.