10 Most Common Non-Negotiables
Last week Frisky staffers shared our lists of the five non-negotiables when it comes to looking for a potential partner, and we asked you in the Friskyverse to share yours. We so enjoyed your lists that we thought we’d compile them into a greatest hits, if you will. After the jump, the definitive list of your ten most common non-negotiables.
- Physical Affection. We’ve got a bunch of avid huggers, kissers, cuddlers, and sexers out there. Well, I guess you are frequenting The Frisky, so we’re not really surprised.
- Honesty. It sounds like a platitude, but honesty really is so dang important. For the sake of this list, I am lumping “faithfulness,” “loyalty,” and “dependability” into this category because I think they fall under the giant honesty umbrella, ella, ella.
- Sense of Humor. We like to laugh our way through life. Bwahahahah!
- Respect. What’s the point of trying to build a solid relationship if respect is not the foundation? If anyone knows, please share.
- Kids. Kidlets are a hot list item for many of us. Either we want ‘em or we don’t. But most importantly, we want someone who feels the same way about wanting ‘em.
- Active. So I take it most of us don’t want a partner who sits around looking at The Frisky all day? I am saddened, but I suppose I can forgive you for wanting a mate who will log off for an hour to go to the gym.
- Simpatico Political/ Religious Beliefs. Having an SO with similar religious/political beliefs certainly does give you way less to engage in embittered debates about.
- Financial Stability. Financial idiots not welcome here. If you want to get serious with us, learn how to balance your checkbook and then we can talk.
- Open. Open to new experiences. Open to change. Open to life. We like our people open, not closed.
- Ambition. We like a potential mate to have a little fire under their ass when it comes to grabbing the brass ring.