Last night, Glamour magazine held its “Women of the Year Awards” at Carnegie Hall in NYC to honor amazing ladies in many a discipline. From what we can gather on Twitter, it sounds like it was quite possibly the most fabulous event of the year! Celebs galore provided inspiring words, including Oprah, Cher, Fergie, Tavi, and tons more! Check out some of the Twitter highlights we’ve rounded up, after the jump!
- @womensweardaily: Janet Jackson surprises Donatella Versace by presenting her with the Glamour Women of the Year award
- @Fashionista_com: Fergie just thanked her therapist. Loves it. #WOTY awards
- @Fashionista_com: “I guess big girls do cry” – Fergie crying while accepting her #WOTY award
- @glamour_fashion: #WOTY constance mcmillen wasn’t allowed to go to her prom in a tuxedo, but isaac mizrahi created one especially for her tonight
- @cmbenz: OPRAH!!! And, crowd goes WILD! #wotys
- @Styleite: Cher: “No is just some bullsh*t word someone made up.” #girlpower
- @glamour_fashion: #WOTY @cindi_leive on the death of the power suit: “now we know you can run a fortune 500 company–or a country–in a cashmere shift dress”