How To Get Scarlett’s Makeup Look From The Mango Fashion Awards
So, everyone is freaking out about Scarlett Johansson’s new “wispy bob” that she showed off at the Mango Fashion Awards last week in Barcelona. We’re into the new ‘do, but are just as intrigued by Scar Jo’s makeup palette. Mixing gold, a smoky blue-green shadow, bold eyeliner, and nude lips, Scarlett adds a twist to the regular smokey eye. It’s certainly a special look, and not one we’d wear to the office, but something we’d consider making our go-to for the season’s nighttime beauty agenda. After the jump, some products to get you started and tips for how to do it yourself!
- Start with a strong black pencil liner. You’ll want to line the inner eye completely, something which is a bit uncomfortable if you’re not used to it. With one hand, pull down your lower lid and trace a line with your pencil inside the rim. Do the same for the upper lid, pulling it up so you can reach the rim. Don’t forget the corners. Try: Clarins Exotic Eyeliner in “Black Magic”, $22, Lord & Taylor.
- With a flat, angled eyeliner brush, apply a shimmery gold cream shadow or liner to the outside of your inner eye, painting it into the corners of your upper and lower lids. Try: Gold Painting Liner, $24, Shu Uemura and Estée Lauder Angled Eyeliner Brush, $20, Bergdorf Goodman.
- To smoke it out, use a dark teal shadow (go for something greener than blue). Apply with a soft brush to the outer top lid, bringing the color up toward the eyebrow. Using your eyeliner brush (make sure to clean beforehand), apply to bottom lid as well, just near eyelashes. To smooth the look, try a shimmery nude eyeshadow mid-lid. Try: Nars Duo Eyeshadow in “Rajasthan”, $32, Bloomingdale’s and Eyeshadow Brush, $8, Topshop.
- For the dramatic flair, apply a heavy-duty mascara to the top and bottom eyelashes. Try: Maybelline Black Drama Falsies Mascara, $6.29, Target.
- The finishing touch—a healthy, slightly glossy pout made pretty with a sheer, nude lip color. Try: Revlon ColorStay Soft Smooth Lipstick in “Smooth Nude”, $9.99, Ulta.