- Start with a clean slate — take everything out of your closet.
- Weed out everything that needs to be repaired — or chucked.
- Designate sections of your closet, for instance, “work” and “play.”
- Divide your clothing into categories, i.e., tops, skirts, blazers, etc.
- Put clothing back into your closet, utilizing designated sections and categories.
- Give prime real estate to your tops. Nine out of 10 times a top is the first item you pick for an outfit.
- No wire hangers! Ever!
- Grab a friend and a bottle of wine and start playing dress-up! Keep a camera handy to catch the outfits you come up with.
After the jump, check out four brand-new outfits that we came up with using her own clothes!