Today’s Lady News: Should Adult Film Stars Be Required To Use Protection?
- News broke last week that an adult film star had tested positive for HIV. But adult film actress Madison Young tells Salon.com’s Broadsheet blog that requiring actors to wear condoms would be “a mistake.” Why? [Salon]
- An employee at Eddie Long’s mega-church in Atlanta has filed a sexual harassment lawsuit against the church. She claims a male employee showed her a photograph of a penis on a cell phone and that she was punished for reporting the incident. [Essence]
- Full episodes of the web series “Vag Magazine” are now online! This weekend I watched five straight episodes of this spoof on feminists who take themselves very, very seriously while running a politically correct magazine called Vag. [VagMagazine.tv]
- The Navajo Nation, the United State’s largest group of Native Americans, may elect Lynda Lovejoy as its first-ever president. [Arizona Daily Star]
- After a court ruled that Florida’s gay adoption ban is unconstitutional, this lesbian couple is going to attempt to adopt a kiddie. Good luck, ladies! [Queerty via CNN]
- Blogger Irin Carmon at Jezebel.com takes New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd to task for calling the current crop of female Republican candidates, like Sarah Palin and Sharon Angle, “Mean Girls.” [Jezebel]
- Author Ntozake Shange opens up about Tyler Perry’s film adaptation of For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When The Rainbow Is Not Enuf. [Black Voices]
- Journalist Christiane Amanpour, formerly of CNN and now hosting ABC’s “This Week,” talks about being a woman in journalism and her reputation as a “ball buster.” [Guest of a Guest]
- An Australian photographer who photographed bare-breasted Himba women in Africa, including breastfeeding mothers, said Facebook informed him via email that they would be taking down the “pornographic” pics. [Babble.com]
- Thousands of women in the Democratic Republic of Congo held a march yesterday against sexual violence. In July and August, hundreds of Congolese women and children were raped by rebels. [BBC]
- Meet Iana Matei, who advocates on behalf of victims of sex trafficking in Romania. “When these guys get caught, they get what? Six years? Maybe. They destroy 300 lives and they get six years,” Matei said. “You traffic drugs, you get 20 years. There is something not right.” [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.