Today’s Lady News: School Boots Planned Parenthood From 9th Grade Birth Control Lessons
- The Frenchtown school district in Montana has discontinued a twice-yearly program in which the local chapter of Planned Parenthood spoke to the freshman class about the latest methods birth control. “The presentation includes factual, up-to-date information about birth control options that is medically accurate and age appropriate,” said PP Montana’s director of communications. But some parents were upset that PP is also an abortion provider and may, you know, give girls some ideas. From now on, the school’s health teacher will give lessons on birth control … which is fine. But, goodness sake, teen pregnancy is an epidemic, people. [KXLH]
- A 13-year-old Peruvian girl was impregnated from being raped by a 34-year-old man and jumped out a window when he refused to acknowledge the pregnancy was his. She’s now in a wheelchair and was denied an abortion. The Center for Reproductive Rights has filed a lawsuit, claiming Peru is violating international treaties. Here is the girl on Vimeo, telling her story. [Jezebel]
- Facebook honored a request by GLAAD, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, to clean up some anti-gay commentary on the site following the recent spate of gay teen suicides and have now announced they’ll work collaboratively in the future to fight bigoted bullying online. [Mashable]
- Yes, “The Social Network” movie about Facebook is sexist. But it’s sexist against men, says a man. [Seattle Post-Intelligencer]
- Blogger Hanna Rosin at Double X asks if Krystal Ball is the “new face of feminism” for seeming to think Hillary Clinton would stump for her, in which case “I just don’t understand.” Not sure I agree with her, but I appreciate that yours truly is quoted. [Slate]
- What valuable life lessons did this woman learn while working as a bra fitter? [Salon.com]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.