Entertainment Weekly had a question: Which stars under the age of 40 are the biggest draw at the box office? So the magazine did a little math, adding up the box office takes of the flicks they’ve starred in and ranking them by their box office average. So who would you guess came out on top? See the top 10 after the jump. Hint: only one lady made the cut.10. Hayden Christensen. His average box office take is $107.3 million a movie.
9. Zoe Saldana. “Avatar” must have balanced out “Crossroads,” because Zoe came in numero seven with a $132.3 million average.
8. Tobey Maguire. His movies average earnings of $138.2 million.
7. Shia LaBeouf. He brings in $144.8 million a flick. Talk about “Money Never Sleeps.”
6. Orlando Bloom. Yum, and his movies have earned an average of $155.8 million a piece.
5. Robert Pattinson. His movies average $161.8 million. And that’s not just “Twilight” power—notice Kristen Stewart is not on the list.
4. Jayden Smith $170.1 million a movie isn’t too bad for a 12-year-old.
3. Taylor Lautner. He has an average of $186.6 million a movie. Team Jacob wins!
2. Daniel Radcliffe. Duh. Thanks to “Harry Potter,” his average is at $244.7 million.
1. Sam Worthington. This number one surprised me a lot. But between his lead roles in “Avatar,” “Clash of the Titans,” and “Terminator Salvation,” this guy is box office gold.