Today’s Lady News: Michael Lohan’s Women-Only Rehab Might Be The Worst Idea Ever
- Lindsay Lohan’s wackadoodle dad claims to be opening a women-only rehab in Pasadena, California. Stay far, far away. [New York Post]
- Plus-size model Crystal Renn — who, at size 10, is hardly “plus-size” — has walked three shows at Paris Fashion Week and said she’s being treated just like any other model. [NYmag.com]
- Surprising fact: African-American women and other people of color in the armed services are the ones most affected by the military’s anti-gay “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy. [The Root]
- A blogger at Feministing snapped a billboard in New York of a baby dressed like a biker with the headline, “I Was Born To Ride! Baby’s Arms Appear 28 Days From Conception.” Appealing to the anti-abortion motorcycle buffs? Or just saying babies were born to ride? [Feministing]
- New York’s governor announced today a state building in Brooklyn will be renamed the Shirley A. Chisholm State Office Building after the first black woman to be elected to Congress as a state representative. Chisholm was also the first woman to run for the Democratic presidential nomination. [WIVB]
- ABC Family has canceled “Huge,” the show starring Nikki Blonsky about a group of teens at a weight loss camp, and Dodai Stewart from Jezebel.com is spearheading a petition to keep “Huge” on-air. [Jezebel]
- Our friends at The Gloss agree this whole “Where do you put your purse?” Facebook meme thing is totally stupid. [The Gloss]
- Who are the 50 most important queer and lesbian women in music? Blogger Trish Bendix at After Ellen has a roundup! [AfterEllen.com]
- Wealthier countries are slowing their financial donations to the Global Fund to fight AIDS, which in turn is making it more difficult for developing countries to fight HIV. [NPR]
- Geisy Arruda, 21, the Brazilian woman who was expelled from her Sao Paulo college for wearing a sexy mini-dress on campus, has been awarded $24K in a lawsuit against the school. [Newser]
- The Canadian retailer Jacob said it will stop airbrushing models’ bodies in company images. [Toronto Star]
- A 15-year-old Mexican actress, Danna Paola, has apparently gotten a nose job. Fifteen! [Guanabee]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.