Today’s Lady News: “The Social Network” Stars Facebook Geniuses, Trophy Girlfriends
- Women in “The Social Network” (i.e., the Facebook movie) are not computer programmers, silly! They are just trophy girlfriends. In real life, however, Mark Zuckerberg’s right-hand man is a … woman. Or maybe that’s the “fiction” part? [Salon.com]
- A 20-something male-to-female transsexual in Hong Kong has lost a court battle to marry her boyfriend. [BBC]
- In the mid-90s, a Department of Defense employee operated a Museum of Menstruation out of his suburban basement. If that sounds creepy, it wasn’t. Amanda Hess at TDB.com interviewed Harry Finley on why the Museum of Menstruation closed up shop. (But don’t worry — it can still be found online!) [TDB.com]
- Los Angeles police are going after Leroy Bragg, a notorious pimp who is accused of kidnapping teen girls and branding their skin to “mark his territory.” Police say he uses social networking sites to find vulnerable girls and then pulls them into prostitution. [Black Voices]
- One woman’s genetic disorder left her with excessive body hair, but after years of waxing and shaving it off, she is going natural — even if it means being called a “bearded lady” or a “werewolf.” [Salon.com]
- Australian nun Mary MacKillop will become canonized as “the patron saint of sex abuse victims” by the Vatican later this month. Back in the late 1800s, MacKillroy denounced a pedophile priest who was sexually abusing kids. [Telegraph UK]
- Pro-democracy activist Aung San Suu Kyi has filed a lawsuit against Burma’s military regime, which has kept her under house arrest for most of the past two decades. It’s considered to be a mostly symbolic gesture. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.