Today’s Lady News: Wonder Woman Is Coming To TV
- We were too young to watch the original “Wonder Woman” TV show, which ran from ’75 to ’79, but we still think she’s a badass! Lucky for us, Wonder Woman is coming back to TV and will be written by “Ally McBeal” creator David E. Kelley. Does this mean she’s going to see dancing babies? [CBC.ca]
- Today is Justice Elena Kagan’s first day on the Supreme Court. It’s also the first time in history the Supreme Court has had three women sitting on it. Yay for the ladies! [Los Angeles Times]
- Two students who call themselves “Niqabitches” are protesting France’s new burqa ban by strolling the streets of Paris in face-covering niqab veils and short shorts. [Telegraph UK]
- Meet the female Marines in Afghanistan who are not officially allowed to engage in combat, so instead they take tea with Afghani women and find out ways to empower the rebuilding nation. [New York Times]
- Desirée Rogers, the former Obama White House social secretary, chatted with The New York Times about her new gig as chief executive of the Johnson Publishing Company, which owns Ebony and Jet magazines. [New York Times]
- What does a Muslim woman look like? Can you tell who she is just by looking at her? One Muslim woman offers her perspective. [Washington Post On Faith]
- When actress Louise Brooks died in 1985, she requested her private journals be kept sealed for 25 years. Time is coming up to make the entries public and fans cannot wait for her musings on Marlene Dietrich, Greta Garbo and Hollywood in the Golden Era. [Examiner.com]
- “The Kids Are All Right” director, Lisa Cholodenko, chats about independent female directors. [Guardian UK]
- A Pakistani man in Italy beat his wife to death with a brick for opposing an arranged marriage for their daughter. The 20-year-old daughter was beaten with a stick by her brother and was hospitalized for brain trauma and a broken arm. The family’s three other kids have been taken by social services. [New York Post]
- The United Nations has been accused of negligence for not being aware that Congolese rebels would attack an area in the Democratic Republic of the Congo and rape some 300 women and girls. [The Christian Science Monitor]
- The Vatican has spanked Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi for making sexist comments about female politicians and jokes about the Holocaust. [CNN]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.