Cheat Sheet: How To Bag A Motorcycle Man
Welcome to Cheat Sheet, our once in a while guide to how to get the dude you want. Look, we know you don’t really need our help, but we thought you might enjoy our handy list of tongue-in-cheek dating dos and don’ts anyway. First up: How to get a motorcycle guy.
The elusive motorcycle man — he’s a loner, a rebel, and a seriously hot dude. Not sure how to approach? We’ve got some tips for you, courtesy our smokin’ hot friend Dan. Dan, a photographer by day, owns and rides a fleet of vintage cycles and is seriously steeped in the cycling world — as in, his idea of fun is motorcycling from Mexico to Canada and back. He gave us a list of what girls should say and do if they want to get with a Harley Davidson lover. So grab a ride and find the motorcycle man of your dreams. Next stop: your own personal Steve McQueen.
After the jump, check out Dan’s helpful tips…
- Hop on back. Take the back seat approach. Chances are, if the guy likes bikes he’s a man’s man and doesn’t want to compete with your knowledge of pounding pistons.
- Jesse James is off-limits. Don’t ever bring up Jesse James, unless your man’s full-time job is spent in the dentist’s chair, in depositions, or some other profession that requires a Ph.D. James is the Captain D-Bag of the motorcycle world—lame.
- No revving. The fake revving of a motorcycle is like playing air guitar. Don’t do it.
- BYOH. Bring your own helmet. If you’ve made it far enough to earn a ride on the back, show up with a vintage open face helmet and a nice pair of sunglasses.
- Scooters suck. A “scooter” is not a motorcycle but if you’re inspired to ride, pick up a vintage Vespa or Puch.
- No tricks. Unless he’s a pro, don’t ask him to do a burnout or ride a wheelie, especially with you on the back.
- Crashes are akin to fishing stories. Ask about it and expect a tall tale.
- Don’t touch. Just like you, a bike is a delicate machine so ask permission before you poke around.
- His bike comes first. Asking your man to sell his bike would be like him asking you to sell your shoes.
- Treat his baby well. Complement his machine. “Nice bike!” will do.