Today’s Lady News: Radio Show Says Lady Candidate Has A “Tight Little Butt”
- The WRKO radio show in Boston referred to Republican state treasurer candidate Karyn Polito on air as having a “tight little butt,” after a listener called in asking if she was “hot.” Polito responded that their comments were “over the line” and not “right.” Oh, damn, where’s that post I wrote earlier today about sexist campaign slurs? [Boston Herald]
- But wait! There’s more! You know you want to hear what Rush Limbaugh thinks of Delaware Senate candidate Christine O’Donnell. “I’d rather look at [herl] than Mike Castle,” Limbaugh said. “I think she’s kind of cute.” Oof. [Media Matters for America]
- Depression is no more likely to occur in teenagers who have abortions than with teenagers who carry the pregnancy to term, according to researchers from Oregon State University and University of California San Francisco. Researchers culled data on 289 teens and found a negative psychological outcome of abortion was not pronounced. [UPI]
- White women are ditching the Democratic Party, according to a new Gallup poll. [The Daily Beast]
- William Harrison, a 75-year-old abortion provider in Fayetteville, Arkansas, passed away last week. Harrison performed around 20,000 abortions in the past three decades, despite blockades, picketing, vandalism, and firebomb attacks on his Fayetteville Women’s Clinic. After Hurricane Katrina, in the summer of 2005, Harrison provided free abortions to women. [UPI]
- A New York City judge is being assailed by the D.A.’s office for giving only 10 years probation and no jail time to a Department of Juvenile Justice employee who sexually abused three girls in his care. Tony Simmons pleaded guilty to raping a 15-year-old girl in a courthouse elevator and sexually assaulting both a 15- and a 16-year-old girl in other locations. [New York Daily News]
- Why the “No Wedding, No Womb” campaign, which seeks to draw attention to the high number of African-American children who are born out of wedlock, slut-shames women for their sexuality. [The American Prospect]
- Controversial writer Camille Paglia explains her 1990 op-ed in the New York Times called “Madonna: Finally, A Real Feminist” and why, 20 years later, she sees Sarah Palin ushering in a new era of feminism. [NY Times]
- Sally Menke, the Oscar-nominated editor on Quentin Tarantino flicks like “Inglourious Basterds” and “Pulp Fiction,” has passed away at age 56. [NYMag.com]
- A Maryland nail salon is under fire for charging men more than women for manicures and pedicures. [ABC News]
- Iran’s foreign ministry said it has made “no decision” on whether or not to execute Sakineh Mohammadi Ashtiani, a mother of two, for adultery. Initially, Ashitiani was sentenced to death by stoning, but that sentence was later dropped to death by hanging. [BBC]
- Australia’s first-ever female prime minister, Julia Gillard, had her first day on the job today when the new parliament was sworn in. [France24]
- Women traders in Africa say they are confronted with sexual demands and harassment when they try to cross borders for their work. Experts say the women feel powerless to confront the corrupt border guards because trade is their livelihood. [AllAfrica.com]
- Cairo, Egypt’s first female cab drivers are behind the wheel. [BBC]
- Voter organizations in Brazil are taking to the streets with cameras to photograph women who live in poor neighborhoods; the images will be made into postcards and sent to candidates asking their views on issues like abortion, health care and domestic violence. [BBC]
- Catherine Walker, a couture fashion designer who dressed the late Princess Diana, has passed away at age 65. The princess was buried in a dress designed by Walker. [Daily Mail UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.