Today’s Lady News: Meryl Streep Wants A Lady Museum
- Meryl Streep has pledged $1 million towards the creation of a Women’s History Museum in Washington, D.C. The Senate is expected to vote on a bill about the museum’s creation and about allocating a place for the institution near the National Mall. The bill doesn’t ask the government to pony up any of the cash because it will all be funded privately. [Washington Post]
- The White House recently announced that Larry Summers, the controversial ex-president of Harvard University, is leaving the National Economic Council at the end of the year. Word on the street says President Obama wants to replace him with a female CEO. [Politico]
- Today kicks off the “40 Days of Life” protest, for which opponents of abortion will pray and fast outside a Planned Parenthood clinic in Bryan/College Station, Texas, through December. Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast has released a statement calling the protests outside their clinic harassment. Anti-abortion protesters in Tulsa are joining the “40 Days of Life” protest, too. [KBTX, Tulsa World]
- Four women have come forward to claim Kenneth Kratz, a district attorney in Wisconsin, abused his position by asking for sexual favors via text message in exchange for helping to reduce their sentences. [Talking Points Memo]
- Christina Hoff Sommers, the controversial author of Who Stole Feminism? How Women Have Betrayed Women, has penned an op-ed about the Paycheck Fairness Act, which will make it easier for women to sue for gender discrimination in the workplace. Sommers argues that women are not necessarily paid less than men because of inequality, but because of taking time off to have children. [New York Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.