“Running Wilde” is everything I could ask for in a TV show. Let me count the ways …
- It stars Keri Russell as Emmy. Keri was not only my favorite on “The Mickey Mouse Club” but lived a parallel life to me on “Felicity”—we both moved from small towns to go to college in New York City in 1998. Yeah, her college experience was fictional, but whatever.
- It also stars Will Arnett as Steven Wilde. I was once seated next to Will on a plane, and he was very nice. Not to mention that he perfected his self-involved, man-child schtick as Gob Bluth on “Arrested Development.”
- There’s a Cure song in the promo.
- Emmy’s daughter’s name on the show is “Puddle,” which is kind of a hilarious take on hippie naming techniques.
- The series is executive-produced by Mitch Hurwitz, the man who also brought us the amazingly amazing aforementioned “Arrested Development.”
- It’s on a half an hour after “Glee,” which means we have some time to run errands before sitting back down on the couch.
- The plot of the show is this: two childhood sweethearts have become completely different people as they’ve grown up. She is a do-gooder trying to save a tribe in the jungle while he is a noodle-brained richie rich she goes to for help. It pokes fun at both lifestyles with equal rigor.
- David Cross has signed on to play Keri Russell’s boyfriend. I can’t wait to see how he will one-up being a never nude.
- The trailer actually made me laugh out loud.
- There are miniature horses.
Here’s hoping this show is everything I’m hoping.