Today’s Lady News: Back In 1938, Disney Only Allowed Women To Trace
- Back in 1938, women weren’t allowed to contribute in the creative process to bring Disney cartoons to the big screen. Check out the rejection letter one woman received when she applied for the company’s trained school, in which she was told she was only eligible to be a tracer. [BuzzFeed]
- A food writer wonders why so many (er, all?) so-called “girly” drinks are sickly sweet. Good question! I’m a chick and Cosmos and Appletinis make me gag. [The Atlantic]
- The editor of lady blog The Gloss thinks it’s cool that Lady Gaga made a video about repealing “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell,” but isn’t stoked that the singer asked pervy photographer Terry Richardson to direct. Check out her open letter to Gaga, asking her to not hire the photog for any future projects. [The Gloss]
- Caucasian girls are more likely to get weight-loss surgery than any other adolescent group, race and gender ranks of adolescents who seek weight-loss surgery. [MSNBC]
- More than 5,000 people have “liked” a Facebook page which defends a teenage girl who was allegedly gang-raped in Canada. This is heartening considering that last week, a group of teenagers were circulating photos of the alleged rape, saying the teen “asked for it.” [Broadsheet]
- A recent segment on “The Rachel Maddow Show” dealt with the issue of women candidates vs. women’s rights, specially that there are five Republican women running for public office who oppose abortion across the board, including in cases of rape or incest. Interesting stuff! [Spare Candy]
- Over the last 10 years, over 141,000 women have left the financial services industry — what’s to blame? [WSJ]
- Got a few hours to spare? Check out this meticulously researched piece on the war between the different generations of feminists. [Harper’s]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.