Today’s Lady News: Sports Commenter Says Ines Sainz Was “Asking For It”
- A Fox and NFL Network sports analyst, Brian Baldinger, has said that Mexican sports reporter Ines Sainz was sexually harassed by members of the Jets football team and staff because she was “asking for it.” (And yes, that’s a direct quote.) Apparently, Mr. Baldinger is of the opinion men are just big testosterone-swollen lunkheads who can’t control themselves. [Yahoo]
- Federal Way, Washington, is considering an amendment to the morals code to limit the amount of T&A that can be shown in public. The city council’s parks committee specifically want to address the skimpily dressed “bikini baristas.” [Seattle Post-Intelligencer]
- Oh, boo hoo: “Privates,” the video game that takes place inside a vagina has not been approved for the Xbox 360. [ComputerAndVideoGames.com]
- A girl who was prostituted at age 14 is suing the online sex site Backpage.com, claiming she was taken advantage of by a pimp who advertised her on the site. The girl, now 15, is seeking restitution under the Child Abuse Victims Rights Act. [STLtoday.com]
- Check out this glowing New York Times book review for Big Girls Don’t Cry: The Election That Changed Everything For American Women, by Rebecca Traitser. Yours truly has a (teeny-tiny) quote in it! [New York Times]
- Co-opting feminism alert! U.S. Senate wannabe Christine O’Donnell, the Sarah Palin-endorsed Tea Party candidate who is against masturbation, claims to be the carrying the torch for the women’s movement. However, Rachel Maddow’s show has found comments by O’Donnell speaking about against women’s integration in the military. [Maddow Blog via MSNBC]
- Essence chats with Congresswoman Barbara Lee, chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus. [Essence]
- Is Secretary of State Hillary Clinton the Obama administration’s “brightest prospect”? [Newsweek]
- Two young women showered naked in downtown Topeka, Kansas, to “raise awareness” for People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). Exploiting women and wasting water, good job! [Topeka Capitol-Journal]
- A police officer in Juneau, Alaska, has been charged with sexually abusing an underage girl. He has been removed from “law enforcement” duties but is apparently still working elsewhere within the PD. Disgusting. [Anchorage Daily News]
- Reminder: there is no FDA-approved treatment for a woman’s low libido. [USA Today]
- Charles Barkley’s interesting take on the Ines Sainz scandal: “When I watch TV now I feel bad for ugly women. Because if you are an ugly woman you got no chance of getting on TV now, especially in the sporting culture.” I actually kinda agree! [USA Today]
- Three Florida women take on the prescription painkiller trade for oxyodone, or “oxy.” Keep it up, ladies. [SunSentinel.com]
- The Crunk Feminist Collective on street harassment and how uncomfortable it can be to walk home alone. [Crunk Feminist Collective]
- Whoa, I didn’t realize that actress Gabourey Sidibe looks hella lightened on the cover of October’s Elle magazine. [Racialicious]
- Meet the women and girls who come to America for a better life, but get trapped in sexual slavery. [CNN]
- A record number of Afghani women are running in the country’s parliamentary elections, including an Olympic athlete! [France24]
- Are Chinese women more ambitious than Americans, and if so, why? [Newsweek]
- Learn more about “Women Without Men,” a new film by Iranian-born filmmaker Shirin Neshat. [NewsOK.com]
- Relatives of Margaret Thatcher are reportedly pissed off at Meryl Streep’s portrayal of Britain’s former prime minister. [Daily Mail]
- Is Lady Gaga a feminist icon? Two writers for a top London newspaper debate. [The Guardian]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.