8 More Changes “American Idol” Should Make To Shake Things Up
I am panicking about what “American Idol” is about to become. First, we find out that Simon Cowell and Ellen DeGeneres are being replaced by J.Lo and Steven Tyler, who I thought was in rehab. And now they tell us that they are changing the audition process, too. The show announced that they are now accepting online submissions of which a few of the best will be chosen to move directly to L.A. Arrghhh! Too many changes at once! [Us Weekly]
But while they’re at it, here are some more suggested changes to shake things up.
- Change the name. “Young People Sing For Has-Been Celebrities Who Are Getting Paid Too Much.”
- Raise the age limit to 50. That should at least make the audition process more fun. And maybe they’ll find the next Susan Boyle.
- Let the contestants perform their original material so we can tell if their album is going suck.
- All guest judges are required to do a medley with the contestants.
- Take away America’s right to vote for their favorite contestants. They always get it wrong.
- Bring back Simon Cowell via satellite to roll his eyes while the contestants perform and the judges weigh in.
- Stop filming in front of a live audience so the contestants don’t get all nervous and bite it.
- Replace Ryan Seacrest with a motorized puppet.
What would you like to see change about “American Idol”?