Today’s Lady News: NY Jets Accused Of Sexually Harassing Sports Reporter Ines Sainz
- Ines Sainz, a sports reporter for TV Azteca in Mexico, claims players and coaches from the New York Jets catcalled her and used rude language while she was at a practice this weekend to interview Mark Sanchez. Apparently, it got so bad when Sainz was in the locker room that another female reporter spoke up for her and player Kris Jenkins yelled at them both, “This is our locker room.” Roger Goodell, the National Football League boss, launched an investigation of the Jets’ behavior on Sunday night. [New York Daily News]
- To add insult to injury, conservative pundit Tucker Carlson’s web site, The Daily Caller, illustrated their story about Ines Sainz with a slideshow called “Baby Got Back,” featuring photos of her boobs and butt. [The Daily Caller]
- A lesbian couple living in Tennessee had their house torched and the word “queers” spray painted on their garage doors, possibly by their neighbors. [Queerty]
- Allen West, who is running for the Democratic House of Representatives seat in Florida, has been videotaped accusing his opponent of being a “chicken” who reads “memos from the feminists,” as well as called Islam a “totalitarian theocratic political ideology.” When asked about these statements, West said, “That’s how men talk … You can call it trash talking, you can call it whatever you want. Patton was a tough guy. MacArthur was a tough guy. William Tecumseh Sherman was a tough guy. America has a history of, when there are tough times, they look for tough leaders to take them out of those tough times and tough situations.” Translation: vote for me because my balls are bigger. [Palm Beach Post]
- A Texas law grad who made threats of violence against a Dallas abortion clinic in April has been ruled incompetent to stand trial. [DallasNews.com]
- Backstage at New York Fashion Week, Victoria Beckham said her designs were “celebrating feminism and curves.” Did she accidentally mean to say “femininity,” or am I missing something? [Daily Mail UK]
- Iranian refugee Farah Ghaemi risks being stoned to death when she is deported from the UK to Iran tomorrow. Her crime? She distributed banned copies of Salman Rushdie’s book, The Satanic Verses. [Guardian UK]
- The vice chancellor of a university in India has described Hindi female writers as “chinaal,” which means “adulterous woman” or “whore,” and said each one has been more of a “chinaal” than the last. [Guardian UK]
- Scotland’s senior cardinal says the Catholic church will not ordain women as priests. [Guardian UK]
- Everything you’ve ever wanted to know about Sweden’s most lady-lovin’ political party, the Feminist Initiative. [The Local]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.