Today’s Lady News: Politician Shows His Junk To Woman After Offering A Ride Home From Work
- A local politician in Platte City, Missouri, has been charged with sexual misconduct after he allegedly drove a woman home from her job at the grocery store, unzipped his pants, asked her, “would this satisfy you?”, if she was being pleased sexually at home and to touch her vagina. According to a county prosecutor, the woman told Charles Cook, “I would appreciate it if you would pull up your pants. I don’t want to have sex with you. I don’t want to do anything with you. I just want to get home.” Cook allegedly then pulled up his pants and took her home. Who knew “Can I have a ride home?” was a sexual come-on? [KCTV5]
- New York’s governor signed legislation yesterday to guarantee labor rights for domestic workers — who in the NYC area tend to be women, especially immigrants and women of color — including overtime pay and paid time-off. It is the first such law in the nation. [New York Post]
- Family planning clinics can help women who are victims of “reproductive coercion,” or being bullied into getting pregnant, according to a new study in the journal Contraception. The study found that among women ages 16 to 29 who were victims of bullying, those who were given information about “tamper-proof birth control such as IUDs” (which are inserted inside) were 71 percent less likely to get pregnant in the next six months. [Washington Post]
- A woman refused to get an abortion so her boyfriend raped her in front of her children, say police in Cinnaminson, Pennsylvania. Three children, including two of Thomas O. Hill’s own, were sleeping on the bed during the attack, which caused one child to allegedly fall off the bed. Hill served less than five months of prison in 2009 for making threats. [Philly.com]
- The state of Virginia is pursuing federal funding for abstinence-only education, which requires the state to match the amount. Groups are criticizing Gov. Bob McDonnell, however, because federal funding for comprehensive sex ed would not require a match and obviously provides more information to students. [WTKR]
- Meet Marciela Guzman, a survivor of military sexual travel and PTSD, who now works to help other survivors. [Guernica Magazine via Feministing]
- The number of women who work on Wall Street has decreased in the past 10 years while the number of men has grown, according to data provided by the Bureau for Labor Statistics. Elsewhere in the U.S. workforce, the numbers of working women have grown. [FINS.com]
- According to a small study of 1,800 female workers, half of the women said they are not sure that they will be able to retire comfortably. That’s just what we want to hear! [TheStreet.com]
- The State University of New York-Oswego has received a $200,000 grant from the National Science Foundation to examine the status of female faculty in the science, tech, engineering and math departments. Specifically the study will focus on recruitment, hiring practices and promotion. [Oswego.edu]
- Six different ways religious groups try to make gays and lesbians “straight.” [AlterNet]
- Artist Frida Kahlo will be on the new Mexican 500-peso bills, to be released on Monday. [Guanabee]
- Some Moroccan women have been banned from traveling in Saudi Arabia, allegedly because there is a belief some come to work as prostitutes. [Guardian UK]
- India is amending decades-old laws which limited a woman’s ability to adopt or have guardianship over her child. [Times of India]
- Wales in the United Kingdom has a new 24-bed mental health hospital specifically for women’s mental health needs. The hospital manager said that many women respond better to treatment in an all-female environment. [BBC]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.