For the past five days, we’ve been celebrating “Love Yourself Week” on The Frisky. And really, at the end of the day, what is loving yourself all about? Just being happy with who, what, and where you are. So I was a little tickled today to see these interesting statistics about happiness on The Daily Beast because they’re just not what I would have guessed. Read them after the jump. Pat yourself on the back for the ones that apply to you, and stick your tongue out at the ones that don’t. Then, be happy anyway.
- Starbucks regulars are 2 percent happier than McDonald’s regulars.
- Republicans are 15 percent happier than their donkey-leaning peers.
- Yes, your grandparents may seem crotchety, but older people report being 18 percent happier than young folk.
- Peeps who’ve gotten hitched are 19 percent happier than those who aren’t.
- Rich people are 27 percent happier than poor people.
- African-Americans are 8 percent happier than white Americans.
- If you have a happy friend living within a half-mile radius, you are 42 percent more likely to be happy, too.
- Americans are 200 percent happier than those living in Cameroon.