15 Signs You’re Just Friends
I regularly receive letters for my “Dear Wendy” column from women who have crushes on their guy friends and want to know if they should confess their feelings. While I do condone being open and honest, there are some good signs women can look for first to tell how their guy friends might be feeling before putting their hearts — and friendships — on the line. After the jump, 15 signs he’s probably not interested in being anything more than friends.
- He invites you to be his “plus 1″ at a wedding because “he couldn’t find a date-date.”
- He thinks it’s hilarious when his parents ask when you two are finally going to start dating.
- The most romantic thing he’s said to you in months is: “I’ll be your wingman any time you need one.”
- He asks for relationship advice.
- When you go to movies, he likes to keep a seat open between you so you “have more space.”
- He asks you to edit his online dating profile.
- He typically calls you by your last name.
- When you wear a low-cut shirt, he doesn’t even take a peek at your cleavage.
- He introduces you as his “sister from another mister.”
- He does #2 at your place and doesn’t even bother lighting a match.
- He asks you to set him up with one of your girlfriends.
- He introduces you to his hottest friend and doesn’t even warn you that “he’s such a player.”
- He checks out other girls in your presence all the time.
- He de-tags himself in a picture you posted of the two of you on Facebook, explaining, “I don’t want other chicks to think we’re together.”
- He names his dog after you.
Stay tuned next week when I give you 15 signs he is interested in being more than just friends.