While a large portion of the female population is rushing out to see the film adaptation of Elizabeth Gilbert’s memoir, Eat Pray Love, comedy writer Andrew Gottlieb is hoping that men are at home reading his answer to it, Drink, Play, F**k. With Gilbert’s blessing, Gottlieb penned a satirical memoir, released in 2009, where fictional character Bob Sullivan roams the world after his marriage falls apart. Gottlieb asked himself, “What would a man do in this situation?” Answer: Sullivan goes to Ireland to drink, to Las Vegas to play, and to Thailand to bone. Okay, that’s hilarious. [NY Daily News]
After the jump, some more chick books that we’d love to see the male versions of.
- We’re so over Skinny Bitch: A No-Nonsense Tough-Love Guide for Savvy Girls Who Want to Stop Eating Crap and Start Looking Fabulous written by a model and a modeling agent. No thanks. How about a male version called Fat Bastard, where dudes instruct other dudes how to eat crappy food all the time and still get chicks?
- I look forward to reading Something Conquested, a book about a man who sleeps with his best friend’s fiancee based on Emily Giffin’s novel, Something Borrowed.
- We need a Twilight series that will get men’s pulses racing. I’m thinking of a book called The Sun Just Went Down, which is a vampire book but without any of the male characters. All of the female vampires just live in a house together and have sex with each other.
- We all love Bridget Jones’ Diary but we wouldn’t mind reading Daniel Cleaver’s Blog, a daily expose of that dirty player’s sexploits.
- The Devil Wears Prada taught us about the perils of working for Anna Wintour. We need a similar thinly veiled expose called Satan Wears a Toupee about a young business school grad trying to make it in the Trump organization.
- And last, but certainly not least, we need a man to make us laugh the way Chelsea Handler’s book Are You There Vodka, It’s Me Chelsea? did. I vote for Are You There Bourbon, It’s Me John DeVore?” a comedic retelling of JDV’s hijinx. Uh, please? Here’s our suggestion for the cover…