30 Things I Love About Myself
In honor of Love Yourself Week, each day a Frisky staffer will share 30 things she loves about herself—and we encourage the rest of you to do the same in the comments!
Happy Love Yourself Week! To celebrate, I was somehow convinced to come up with a massive list of the things I love about myself. When I realized that “hair” only took up one slot, I had to do some soul-searching and it got super awkward. Turns out, I really don’t like talking about myself despite the fact that I’m the coolest person I know. I somehow managed to come up with a list and really recommend you do the same because after the initial discomfort, it makes you feel all sorts of warm and fuzzy.
- My super awesome thick hair that everyone thinks is naturally red, but it’s not.
- I’m very calm, pretty much all of the time.
- I’m super good at giving manicures and pedicures.
- In a thrift store full of crap, I can always find the good stuff.
- I’m great at making the best of crappy situations without complaining.
- Though they won’t admit it when my brother is around, I’m totally my parents’ favorite … and they’re mine. This is a source of pride.
- My MacGyver-esque skills in the kitchen.
- I love learning how to do everything so I don’t have to be at the mercy of other people.
- I’m a pretty good writer.
- I’m a great hostess at parties and make really good Rice Krispie treats.
- I’m an excellent gift giver and always start my Christmas shopping in September because I’m that excited.
- Even though half of my friends are legitimately insane, I’m really good at listening to them and being the rational one.
- The fact that even though I’m constantly disappointed by humanity, I still believe people are good deep down.
- My freckles are kinda OK.
- When I have a little money, I buy or cook my friends a nice meal ’cause I’m generous like that.
- I never gloat about my accomplishments or experiences even though I’m pretty proud of myself.
- I am really good at finding vessels for cheese.
- The fact that I haven’t spent more than $20 on an item of clothing in the past year, but I still look awesome on those rare occasions that I have to leave the house.
- I tip really well.
- I’ve successfully managed to never have a “real” job, if “real” means wearing a pantsuit to work.
- I’m one of the funniest people I know.
- I don’t give a crap about looking silly around “the cool kids” in life.
- When I get depressed, I know that a trip to Goodwill(s) does the trick.
- Even though I missed grammar from moving around, I am a master at it now.
- My cat Weetzie Bat is cute 100 percent of the time. I know I didn’t make her, but I assume she learned that from watching me.
- I enjoy my neurotic perfectionism, even though it slows me down.
- I am great at talking to homeless people and strangers … or responding to them at least?
- I’m a super hard worker, even when I’m volunteering.
- I’m shameless … and all it took was 22 years of mild humiliation.
- I still believe my dreams will come true.
OK, now you go!