30 Things I Do Well
For “Love Yourself Week,” I’m doing things a little different than some of the other Frisky staffers and instead of writing a list of 30 things I love about myself, I’ve got a little list of 30 things I do well. Some of these 30 things that I do well I love about myself and some … well, some I don’t. After the jump, can you tell which is which?
- Eating my weight in chocolate.
- Keeping in touch with people.
- Remembering birthdays (without the help of Facebook, thank you very much).
- Making Sangria.
- Complaining about the heat.
- Learning new games pretty quickly.
- Following my heart.
- Hunting out great bargains.
- Wearing the worst walking shoes on days when I do the most walking.
- Cooking up a big brunch. (This is one of my favorite quiche recipes, fyi.)
- Reading between the lines.
- Biking real fast.
- Acting like I’m interested in what someone’s saying to me even if I’d rather be watching senate nomination hearings on C-Span.
- Doing the “pigeon” pose in yoga class.
- Giving advice.
- Planning a beautiful wedding on a small budget.
- Speaking my mind when the situation calls for it.
- Knowing — for the most part — when the situation calls for it.
- Finding the one seat on the plane that’s closest to all the screaming children.
- Singing karaoke.
- Spending an entire day doing absolutely nothing.
- Writing thank-you notes promptly.
- Keeping my apartment clean and clutter-free.
- Trusting my gut.
- Figuring out how I can help out and then doing it.
- Gaining five pounds in 48 hours.
- Designing/decorating a pretty home.
- Making excuses.
- Making those I love feel loved.
And just for good measure, here are three things I’m slowly getting better at:
- Ignoring nasty internet comments.
- Eating all the groceries before they go bad.
- Remembering to keep the toilet paper well-stocked.