Tabloid Cheat Sheet: Alanis Is Pregnant! Angelina Being Committed?
- It seems that until Prince William finally marries Kate Middleton, their romance will be tabloid fodder. And now Princess Diana’s butler Paul Burrell has given the insider details to OK! which have been the most sensible yet, he says they’ll probably marry in July 2011 since the royal calendar is open and they’ll only announce the engagement 4-5 months prior, William won’t be giving Kate Diana’s engagement ring because Prince Harry inherited the ring, while William chose his mother’s watch. Diana called Burrell her “rock” during her time in the palace and he only had nice things to say about all of the royal family and Kate.
- He hasn’t been in the news much lately, but Jon Gosselin is still part of his children and Kate Gosselin’s lives, but apparently not enough for the kid’s tastes. When he dropped them off this week, they freaked out and threw tantrums, not wanting him to leave. Jon’s quit the partying and while he used to be the primary parent, now Kate has taken over and an insider says the kids are much more relaxed with daddy, “because they know there won’t be cameras shoved in their faces…He’s trying to let them be normal.” Somehow he’s managed to come off as the nice guy again.
- Jennifer Aniston has been promoting her new movie “The Switch” and not so subtly talking about how she wants kids, regardless of whether there’s a man in her life. Aniston said at a press conference, “women are realizing that if it’s their time in their life and they want [to become a mother], they can do it with or without [a man].” Aniston also said it’s important not to settle, but instead find “that person who means something.” [OK!]
- Us Magazine always does a “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me” section featuring various celebs, and this week was Alanis Morissette who snuck in a doozy at number 25, saying, “I am pregnant!” The rumors had been swirling for months, but I’m pretty sure this was the first confirmation on her part! She also mentioned that she’s writing a book that is “part psychology, part philosophy, part spirituality, part Q&A, part prose, part art…and is not a memoir.” And for the record, she’s got a “debilitating fear of moths.” Huh.
- The tabloid went on and on about the tension between Kourtney Kardashian’s boyfriend Scott Disick and her sisters Kim and Khloe, but it didn’t get interesting until Bruce Jenner spoke about the family in general. Jenner says that Kim would be “tough to date” because she is “very smart, very career-oriented and certainly very pretty,” but “it would be difficult to find a guy strong enough in his own right to handle a woman like her. Kimberly is just not sitting around taking orders from people. When she talks, I listen.” And of his son Brody Jenner’s new girlfriend Avril Lavigne’s influence, Bruce says, “hair can grow back. He’ll be fine.”
- Since they’ve moved in together, Ali Fedotowsky and Roberto Martinez are already finding quirks, on Roberto’s behalf that includes making a mess in the kitchen so that “little ants get in the food” and he says Ali “gets a little grumpy when she’s hungry.” Of their wedding plans, Ali says, “I’d like my family, a little place to dance and good music. Honestly, if we were in paper bags dancing around a bonfire, that would be perfect.” [Us Weekly]
- The National Enquirer says that Angelina Jolie is a mess over the Andrew Morton tell-all book which has dumped all her secrets and Brad Pitt doesn’t know what to do for her. An insider says that Angie is suicidal and considering going back to a psych ward, like she did in 2000, the source says “She was at such a low ebb—her lowest ever—that she said she’d go it things got any worse.” Brad doesn’t get how she can be suicidal with “six beautiful kids” who she adores but told her he would “do anything” to help her.
- The Enquirer says that Michelle Obama recently dropped nearly $500,000 on a shopping spree in Spain to get back at Barack for inviting Oprah to his 49th birthday party. An insider says, “Michelle decided to punish Barack, so she bought expensive clothing…while staying in a luxury resort—not realizing how the public would react back home.” One newspaper called her a “modern-day Marie Antoinette” for going on vacay while the economy lost 131,000 jobs. Meanwhile, Barack hates having Michelle angry at him, but knows that Oprah helped him immensely by endorsing him and will need her on his side in the future.
- It sounds like Julia Roberts might have taken the praying part of “Eat, Pray, Love” more seriously than the other activities, since she’s decided to convert to Hinduism and wants to raise her children Hindu as well. A source says her Catholic husband Danny Moder is really upset and wants his kids to celebrate Christmas and say grace at dinner, “They are really at a crossroads in their relationship, Julia has erected a makeshift temple at her home where she burns incense, prays and runs her hands over a lamp. She chants in the Hindu tradition and repeats holy verses over and over. It drives Danny crazy!” Roberts recently said in an interview, “I’m definitely a practicing Hindu.” [The National Enquirer]
- Even People doesn’t think the Duggar Family should have another baby, after a recent appearance on the “Today” show, there were 3,000 messages urging the parents to stop, like the one from psychotherapist and author Jeanne Safer who said, “This seems like utterly obsessive behavior on the part of the parents…without regard to the impact on their family.” Even though mother Michelle Duggar nearly died from pregnancy-induced high blood pressure and rare digestive problems, her and Jim Bob still want more. Even though their newest baby Josie is still on breathing and heart-rate monitors, recently 11 of their kids had chicken pox, and Michelle admits in the article that she worries “there is not enough of us to go around,” they’re willing to risk her life for another baby.
- Beyonce and her mom Tina got together for a really sweet interview, in time for their House of Dereon and Dereon fall collections to hit stores. Tina taught Beyonce how to sew and that “you don’t have to have a lot of money to have style.” But the ladies admit that some of the Destiny’s Child outfits were intense, Beyonce said, “We took risks. And some stuff I look at, and I’m like ‘Oooh, Lord!'” Beyonce’s “Brooklyn” tattoo was apparently drawn on for a Dereon advertisement, fyi, and when asked what Beyonce had taught her mom, Tina said, “She’s taught me that it’s not about falling, but it’s how you get up.” Aww.
- The buzz for the Eat, Pray, Love movie is getting huge, and Julia Roberts talked to People about the adventure of filming it, saying “It was just magical.” Roberts gained 7 pounds filming in Rome, for one scene she actually ate six bowls of pasta in one day, Roberts said, “I don’t understand this obsession with not eating. I loved every pound!” The movie also proved Roberts’ star power, when they went to one Balinese temple where “nobody was ever allowed in, but the priest saw that it was Julia Roberts, and he was apparently a “Pretty Woman” fan. He was like, ‘Okay, stay.'” [People]
- While OK! talked about the royal wedding between Prince William and Kate Middleton as if everything was peachy, Star seems to think Kate was intensely flirty with William’s best friend’s little brother, 22-year-old Charlie van Straubenzee while William was playing polo. Polo player and former friend of Princess Di, Nicholas Davies said, “I’m sure Kate’s behavior was designed to remind William that other men find her gorgeous… She has been treated shabbily by the royal family and forced to hang around wondering what will happen next. I feel sorry for the girl.” After the flirting didn’t work, Kate went on a three-week Caribbean vacation with her family, to have some time to think, and when she returned, continued to distance herself from William.
- While we’re on the topic of the royal sons, “Real Housewives of D.C.”” British cast mate Catherine Ommanney spent a night canoodling with Prince Harry four years ago. The two were spotted cuddling and drinking all night before sharing “a long and lovely kiss” or two and Catherine talked to local papers after the incident, saying “We had a great time and a fun evening. I’ve committed no crime, and nor has he.” Catherine was separated from her husband at the time and had two daughters while Harry was 21-years-old and had his on-again, off-again girlfriend Chelsy Davy. They reportedly text after the incident, but the real housewife never heard from him again when she sold the story but says “it was lovely to spend an evening with him—and to be kissed by a prince.”
- Star has put in their two cents about the Duggar family as well, saying that the two oldest daughters are “trapped” raising their younger siblings and may never escape. The tabloid says that while Michelle and Jim Bob care for their premature baby, daughters Jana, 20 and Jill, 19 have been left in charge of the remaining 15 children, cooking all the meals for the family, changing diapers, giving haircuts, washing clothes they made themselves. When the parents went out to dinner recently, the girls reportedly served “pretzel sticks spritzed with vinegar” for dinner. The family’s motto is “JOY—Jesus first, Others second, Yourself last,” which has left the girls strung out while the older boys have the option of working at the family’s used car lot. Jana admit, “For the past few months, I’ve really been struggling with attitudes toward different family members…I’ve asked the Lord to help me.” [Star]