10 Movie Roles We’d Freak To See Lady Gaga In
As the tabloids go, News of the World is about two degrees less reliable than the National Enquirer; so we should have known it was too good to be true when the rag reported this weekend that Lady Gaga was looking to break into acting. “She’s very excited about a movie, but she wants to do it right,” a source told them. “She wants to work with the best people in the business.” They said that Bryan Singer was slated to direct the project.
But today, Gaga’s publicist stepped forward to crush our dreams and say that the Lady is not eying the big screen.
Still, we can’t help but wish that there were truth to the rumor. Here are 10 star vehicles we wish Lady Gaga would sign on for:
- Every starlet in Hollywood wants to play Lisbeth in David Fincher’s movie adaptation of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson. Why not give the role to Lady Gaga?
- How cool would a “Wizard of Oz” remake be with Lady Gaga as Dorothy? I think Tim Burton would need to be involved.
- Or instead of Judy Garland, maybe Gaga could channel Liza and take on the lead in “Cabaret”?
- I’ve got it! Lady Gaga should make a sperm-donation movie since they’re so big right now. She goes to a sperm bank and gets inseminated, only to find out she’s pregnant with an actual little monster.
- It’s about time to remake “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.” Gaga would make an amazing Frank-N-Furter.
- Gaga and Luc Carl should do a backstage documentary, kind of like Madonna and Warren Beatty in “Truth or Dare.”
- Hello. “Barbarella” starring Lady Gaga.
- Or perhaps “Hello Dolly”?
- Hollywood has been trying to make a Janis Joplin biopic for eons. I say they have Gaga take on the role and start filming immediately.
- “Beetlejuice 2: Electric Boogaloo.”
Would you like to see Lady Gaga act?