Today’s Lady News: Megan Fox’s Abusive Relationship
- Megan Fox and Dominic Monaghan are starring in the “Love The Way You Lie” music video for Eminem and Rihanna, playing a couple in an abusive relationship. Fox has donated her paycheck for “Love The Way You Lie” to Sojourn House, a shelter for abused women and children. [Just Jared]
- After a confrontation with an Emirati woman, who chastised her for wearing a low-cut shirt, a British woman stripped down to her bikini and walked through a shopping mall in Dubai. Both women were detained by police and then released, but the Emirati woman filed a complaint of public indecency. [AP]
- The Senate has confirmed President Obama’s nomination of Elena Kagan to the Supreme Court. When she is sworn into office on Saturday, she will become the court’s fourth-ever female justice. [CNN]
- A Catholic Youth Organization in Indiana is refusing to allow 12-year-old Lindsay Overstreet to play football on her Catholic school’s team, citing a rule assigning genders to certain sports: only girls for the kickball team, only boys for the football team. [WRTV Indianapolis]
- Target’s CEO has apologized to employees that the company made a $150K donation to a bigoted Minnesota gubernatorial candidate who opposes same-sex marriage and other rights for gays and lesbians. CEO Gregg Steinhafel said in the future political donations will be reviewed more thoroughly. [Huffington Post]
- Inspired by the recent HBO documentary “12 & Delaware,” Time magazine investigates how so-called “crisis pregnancy centers” trick women who seek an abortion. [Time]
- Andre Davis, a stalker ex-con, has been busted again for calling his estranged wife multiple times after she spoke to a newspaper about his harassing behavior. Davis did 18 months in prison for stalking other women. [New York Daily News]
- Daisy Brooks and Lisa Nigro from Illinois received Presidential Citizen Awards at the White House yesterday for community service. Daisy runs a resource center for young mothers and infants and Lisa runs a Chicago restaurant which feeds the homeless. [Chicago Tribune]
- The company behind Pretzel Crisps has apologized for their “You CAn Never Be Too Thin” ad after critics said it encouraged eating disorders. [Twitter]
- After the company was caught red-handed airbrushing a model’s torso to ridiculously unrealistic proportions, a spokeswoman for Ann Taylor has admitted, “We agree our airbrushing has been overzealous.” [Jezebel.com]
- Chinese police rescued 22 women and children abducted by a human trafficking ring. Oftentimes, women and girls are sold on the black market as brides. [AP]
- An Egyptian woman has appeared on television, purposefully hiding herself in a face-covering niqab veil, to report that she was raped by two police officers on a deserted road north of Cairo. “I took this risk to convey a true picture to the officials,” she said. “They must understand what the policemen are doing to the people.” [BBC]
- Tory Inglis, a17-year-old lesbian in Canada who was photographed for a newspaper story while participating in a gay pride parade, said elders at her church gave her grief about her “lifestyle” and how she was a “poor role model” for children. Fortunately, her parents are completely supportive and both Tory and her mom have formally left the church. [Montreal Gazette]
- Brits are worried that young Muslim women in Islamic societies at U.K. universities are being recruited by religious extremists. One young woman tells the BBC how she was encouraged to become a suicide bomber. [BBC]
- A media watchdog group in the U.K. has said a commercial for the Marie Stopes clinic — the British equivalent of Planned Parenthood — was not offensive for television. The Advertising Standards Authority received over 1,000 complaints about the brief ad, which did not use the word “abortion” but depicted various women onscreen and asked “Are You Late?” [Daily Mail]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.