The end of summer is a very sad thing that I don’t even want to talk about because I can’t stand the thought of having to wait nine months before tank tops and beach naps again. But there is one silver lining: fall television. It’s when new shows launch and our faves return for another round. And this year, I can’t help but notice that a lot of shows have some very, very exciting guest stars lined up. After the jump, the ones I’m looking forward to the most.
- Mayim Bialik on “Big Bang Theory.” Yes, Sheldon has always been asexual. But on the season finale, he met a woman who may be his perfect match, played by Mayim Bialik of “Blossom.” Sheldon bought her a cup of coffee, and she said, “all physical contact, up to and including coitus, are off the table.” Mayim is back this season, which we think could mean some geek love is in the air. [EW]
- Brian Austin Green on “Desperate Housewives.” Hi ho, David Silver, away! Mr. Megan Fox is slated for a major recurring role on “Desperate Housewives” this season. He’ll be playing Keith, a contractor. He supposedly “turns up the heat on Wisteria Lane as a potential love interest to one of the housewives.” Yes, please. [NYMag.com]
- Javier Bardem on “Glee.” It’s not often that Oscar winners take it to the small screen. But Javier Bardem doesn’t have a pretentious bone in his body. He’ll be playing a rock star who befriends wheelchair-bound Artie. “We’re going to rock the house,” he said. “We’re going to do some heavy metal—Spanish heavy metal, which is the worst.” [L.A. Times]
- Jennifer Grey on “House.” She had the time of her life in “Dirty Dancing.” The same will probably not be true of her role on “House,” where she’ll be playing the mother to a baby who has a mysterious life-threatening illness. Depressing, but we still love the girl—even with her new nose. [EW]
- Betty White on “Community.” I am close to reaching my Betty White saturation point, but I do still get a slight jolt of giddiness when I see her land a great role. Which, sadly, I don’t think is happening on her own series “Hot in Cleveland.” But this fall, she’ll be a guest on a much better sitcom, “Community,” playing an unhinged anthropology professor. [Broadway World]
- Justine Bateman on “Private Practice.” It’s interesting that Jason Bateman has had such a comeback while sister Justine remains known as Mallory of “Family Ties.” So I’m glad to hear that she’ll be teaming up with Kate Walsh on “Private Practice,” playing a mama with an autistic son. [TV Fanatic]
- Dolph Lundgren on “Chuck.” Wait, you aren’t sure who Dolph Lundgren is? Duh, he was the bleach-blond, flat-topped Russian boxer Ivan Drago in “Rocky IV.” And now he’ll be bringing his Russian bad-guy shtick to “Chuck.” Run? Oh, and Olivia Munn will be on, too. [Inside Trekker]
- John Stamos on “Glee.”. I know I already included a “Glee” guest star in this roundup, but I just couldn’t resist adding another. After all, it’s Uncle Jesse we’re talking about. John Stamos will be playing a dentist … who is dating Will Schuester’s OCD love interest, Emma. Please let there be a fight scene. [E! Online]
- Justin Bieber on “CSI.” The Beeb, who still reminds us of a real-life Muppet baby, is trying his hand at the acting game. He’ll be in the season premiere, playing Jason McCann, a troubled teen on lockdown. May life not imitate art in this case. [NY Daily News]
- Mark Zuckerberg on “The Simpsons.” The Facebook founder has a fun role on the October episode “Loan-a-Lisa.” He meets Lisa Simpson at an entrepreneur’s fair and convinces her to drop out of high school by showing her how many billionaires did it. Just say no, Lisa. [All Facebook]
What guest stars are you most looking forward to this fall?