Today’s Lady News: Actor David Boreanaz Sued For Sexual Harassment
- “Bones” actor David Boreanaz had a sexual harassment lawsuit filed against him by actress Kristina Hagan. Hagan is being represented by celebrity lawyer Gloria Allred, who represents another woman who is suing Boreanaz for sexual harassment as well. [RadarOnline]
- Plus-size model Crystal Renn appeared on “Today” this morning to address a recent scandal in which pics of her were Photoshopped so that she appeared more like a size 2 than her normal size 10 or 12 frame. “I absolutely understand a reasonable amount of retouching, but to change my body completely, that is not what I’m about,” Renn said. “That’s not my message, and that’s so important to me.” [Oh No They Didn’t]
- A Texas bus driver has filed a lawsuit against his employer, claiming religious discrimination, after he was fired for refusing to drive a woman to Planned Parenthood. (Because he knew better than she did whether she was really just getting a pelvic exam or not.) Edwin Graning was fired the same day he refused service and is seeking back pay and other financial compensation. [CNN]
- For the first time ever, all four recipients of the Navy’s Sailor of the Year award are women. They are Ingrid Cortez, Samira McBride, Shalanda Brewer, and Cassandra Foote. Way to go, ladies! [American Association of University Women]
- New guidelines from the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists say young women under age 21 do not need Pap smears, which involves scraping cells off the cervix. Doctors say most HPV infections and cases of cervical cancer are not in that age group and “over-screening” young women only heightens their anxiety. [Reuters]
- Dead animals have been left at two Planned Parenthood clinics in Illinois with messages for the doctors. Today, one package contained a dead possum and a note: “For all the doctors for all you do for women.” Another package was left at a different clinic with a dead skunk and a similar message. [Huffington Post]
- An emergency medical technician for the New York Fire Department has been arrested for five sexual assaults of women and girls in Brooklyn. Most recently, Angus Pascall, is accused of assaulting an 11-year-old girl on July 11. [New York Times]
- Police are on the hunt for the person who abducted and killed 17-year-old Normal Lopez of Moreno Valley, CA, only blocks from her high school. Lopez had been walking home from a summer school class. [AP]
- Desiree Rogers chats about what she’s been up to since she stepped down from being the White House Social Secretary. [Essence]
- Two Muslim women were asked to leave a swimming pool in France’s Port Leaucate because they were wearing body-covering “burkinis,” or a body-covering swimsuit. A new French law will fine women who wear face-covering Muslim veils, such as the burqa or the niqab, in public. Officials at the Rives Des Corbieres resort said the women were asked out of the pool because wearing anything other than a traditional swimsuit is unsanitary. [Telegraph U.K.]
- A Ugandan lesbian activist Val Kalende has been traveling on behalf of the U.S. State Department speaking about how she lost her newspaper job over her opposition to a proposed law that would have imprisoned and even killed homosexuals. [San Francisco Chronicle]
- Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and other world leaders met in Kabul, Afghanistan, on Tuesday and the subject of women’s rights amongst the Taliban was broached yet again. Human rights organizations have been concerned that if President Hamid Karzai’s government tolerates the Taliban, the radical group will continue to terrorize women. [AFP]
- Sex workers in Cambodia claim they are unlawfully arrested by police and extorted for money, as well as beaten and raped, according to a new report. [Human Rights Watch]
- The number of women who travel from Ireland, where abortion is illegal, to Britain for a pregnancy termination has decreased to 4,500 from 6,500 in 2001. [Irish Times]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.