Today’s Lady News: “Family Guy” Abortion Episode Will Finally Air — On DVD
- A “Family Guy” episode in which Lois considers getting an abortion, called “Partial Terms of Endearment,” will be included on a 20th Century Fox DVD release in September. The Fox network had forbid “Family Guy” from broadcasting that particular episode on television. [Entertainment Weekly]
- President Obama is urging Congress to pass the Paycheck Fairness Act, which will help women sue their employers if they are paid less than their male counterparts. [New York Times]
- The Senate Judiciary Committee approved Supreme Court nominee Elena Kagan by a 13-6 vote. If Kagan is confirmed by the full Senate, she will become the fourth female Justice. [Los Angeles Times]
- Lesbian teen Constance McMillen’s high school has agreed to have a judgment entered against it in court regarding a lawsuit over the school’s ban on same-sex couples at prom. According to the American Civil Liberties Union, which represented McMillen in the case, this means the school must now adopt a non-discrimination policy and pay the teen $35K in damages, as well as cover her legal fees. [Feministing]
- Yesterday, Santa Clara County in California rolled out a new domestic violence registry which provides up-to-date information about court-issued restraining orders in DV cases. [Palo Alto Online]
- Spain’s Parliament has rejected a proposed ban against women wearing a face-covering Islamic veil in public places. In the future, the government said it may consider a future ban on the wearing of burqas or niqabs inside government buildings. [AP]
- Hannah Pool at the London Guardian investigates the business of black women’s hair. [Guardian UK]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.