Summer time is all fun and dandy when your skin is glistening, toes are in the sand, and the beach or pool is your weekend activity; but the second you get a sun burn and your hair is fried you start to regret all of that summer time fun in the sun. Not only do sun burns hurt, they leave behind bubbles, discoloration and then peeling skin … Ew! If you’re experiencing after-sun beauty issues, after the jump find some easy and convenient ways to solve your after-sun boo boo’s!Ways To Fix Too Much Time In The Sun Beauty Boo Boo’s
- Exfoliating exfoliating removes the dead skin cells from your body leaving your body very soft. If you’ve sat out in the sun for too long and you’re starting to peel, rather than looking flakey, and uneven, simply use a loofa sponge, or a body exfoliator such as this one from Neutrogena. You can even make your own body scrub, or if you’re at the beach, use the sand in the salt water as an exfoliant.
- Hair Masks The sun has a tendency of drying out your hair, especially if you’re blonde or dye your hair. By using a hair mask, you can put the nourishment back into your hair and enjoy the rest of your summer without looking like your head was stuck in a socket. (hehe) Phyto Phytokarite Ultra Nourishing Mask, $38 Sephora
- Leave-In-Conditioner Hair masks are not meant for daily use, but conditioner is. If your hair is very dry from being out in the sun, the pool, or swimming in the ocean use a leave-in conditioner when you shower to ensure that your hair stays conditioned even after you condition it in the shower. Ouidad makes a great moisture locking leave-in conditioner, $22, Sephora
- Aloe Vera Sun burns hurt, and they hurt bad. While there are many products out there that can relieve the discomfort of a sun burn, Aloe Vera is a natural way to relieve the pain. You can either buy it at a drug store such as CVS Pharmacy or you can even buy an aloe plant and keep it in your house. Not only does keeping an aloe plant in your house make a great pain reliever, but it’s nice decoration and adds a little green to your humble abode.
- Self Tanner First comes tanning, then comes sun burn, then peeling … then uneven skin colors. Instead of sitting back in the sun to correct your uneven skin tone try using a self tanner to even out your skin tone. By using a self tanner you won’t further damage your skin and still achieve a sun kissed glow. Maybe keep a Tan Towel in your beach bag to avoid a streaky look at the end of your vacation!
- Aquaphor Known as the “healing ointment”, Aquaphor is the best therapy for sun burnt lips, and another therapy option for burnt skin. Whether you forgot to put sunblock on or are simply in pain, Aquaphor is a great healing ointment that will help solve after-sun boo boo’s of all kinds.