I’m not sure if one would accuse any of “The Real Housewives of Orange County” (or any other city) of being amazing parents, but Alexis Bellino might have taken the cake. At a 4th of July party, Alexis and her husband, Jim, left a stroller containing their two toddlers unattended while they were “doing something” and it rolled into the pool. Toddlers and all. Security guards say that the lifeguard pulled out the stroller, which still contained one child and Alexis’ husband dove in to save the other kid. Both tots were magically and thankfully fine. Afterward, Jim claimed, “There was no lifeguard needed or involved,” as if that changes anything at all. [TMZ]
Seriously, you guys have to stop laughing. Those kids are stuck with those parents forever! And judging by this kind of parenting, forever might be relative. We rounded up a few of the worst celebrity parents — maybe their kids can start a support group?
- It’s incredibly painful to watch a drunk David Hasselhoff eating a cheeseburger off the floor while his 17-year-old daughter Taylor Ann tries to convince him to stop drinking. The Hoff is a recovering alcoholic and claimed he had a relapse and made a mistake. You think? His ex-wife, Pamela Bach, continues to fight over custody and child support for their daughters. Last year, she told media outlets that he was in the hospital for being blackout drunk, which turned out to be a huge exaggeration. She is serving a jail sentence for a DUI. Still, though, no child should have to throw their father’s intervention party. [TMZ]
- Even though he’s super lovable on “30 Rock,” Alec Baldwin isn’t exactly being gifted with “#1 Dad” mugs. The actor was caught calling his daughter Ireland a “thoughtless, rude little pig” in an answering machine message, after she didn’t pick up the phone at their scheduled time. He continued to say, “I don’t give a damn that you’re 12 years old or 11 years old, or that you are a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn’t care about what you do as far as I am concerned. … I’m going to straighten your ass out when I see you.” His ex-wife, Kim Basinger, didn’t do him or Ireland any favors by leaking the tape. Also, what’s up with him being confused about his daughter’s age? [MSNBC]
- Macaulay Culkin amassed a huge fortune as a child star, which was estimated to be between $17 and $50 million. But his dad—and manager—and mother fought over control of the money and managed to waste almost all of it on lawyer fees, bringing the family to the brink of homelessness. I’m not sure how that’s even possible. But Macaulay managed to cede control of his assets to his accountant and a Supreme Court Justice cut off his dad from working with Macaulay or any of his other actor siblings. The judge also called his dad a “demanding, difficult and pugnacious man.” [ABC News]
- It’s strange to me that no one seemed to blame Ryan O’Neal for the fate of his son with Farrah Fawcett, Redmond O’Neal, even though they were arrested together in 2008 and charged with felony possession of methamphetamine. It’s no wonder Redmond ended up in jail. And what about Tatum O’Neal? Not only did she claim that she was buying crack “for a role,” Ryan hit on her during Fawcett’s funeral! He admitted, “I had just put the casket in the hearse and I was watching it drive away when a beautiful blond woman comes up and embraces me. I said to her, ‘You have a drink on you? You have a car?’ She said, ‘Daddy, it’s me — Tatum!’ I was just trying to be funny with a strange Swedish woman, and it’s my daughter. It’s so sick.” Yeah. It is. [Vanity Fair]
- Ick. Woody Allen left Mia Farrow and married his stepdaughter (and her adopted daughter), Soon-Yi Previn. Allen dated Farrow for 12 years and their relationship dissolved around the time that she found a pile of naked pictures of her daughter that had been taken by Allen. Allen told Time magazine, “The heart wants what it wants.” And when they had a custody battle over their adopted children (was that really even necessary?), the judge called Allen’s behavior with Soon-Yi “grossly inappropriate.” Ya think?! [Parent Dish]