10 Ways To Keep From Going Insane In The Heat
I woke up sweating this morning even with the AC blasting in my room. Hooray! It’s 90+ degrees in NYC today! Maybe you have a stronger constitution than I, but this heat does not work for me, especially since I am prone to face sweat. Yuck! I consulted with other Frisky staffers to brainstorm ways to deal with this insane heat. Feel free to add your suggestions in the comments. Lord knows I could use the help before I go crazy!
- Go to the movies. See “Eclipse” over and over again until you are not distracted by the makeup.
- Eat frozen yogurt for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- Keep your toner and/or face-cleaning cloths in the fridge and use liberally throughout the day.
- Break into the neighbor’s swimming pool and go for a dip. Or go to the beach legally and jump in the ocean.
- Read the entire Stieg Larsson series. At the library.
- Make schmoopy faces at your boo, because it’s too hot for cuddling or sex. Either that or ice cube BJs.
- Wear ice packs as fashion accessories.
- Experiment with the blender, making smoothies, flavored ice cubes, and frozen mixed cocktails. Ahem. Margaritas, bitches.
- Sit on top of your air conditioner or if you have a friend with central air, invite yourself over (just don’t forget a bottle of chilled wine).
- Exhibit time! You’ve been meaning to go to the museum anyway.