8 Reasons We Want To Road Trip To Dollywood
If you are a fan of all things Dolly Parton, we know what you’ll be doing on July 3 at 8 p.m. Clear your schedule because the Hallmark Channel is airing a musical tribute to Dolly called “Dolly Celebrates 25 Years of Dollywood.” Miley Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus ,and Kenny Rogers are all set to perform and Reba McEntire, Brad Paisley, and Kenny Chesney will be making guest appearances. More importantly, however, the show will explore the Dollywood theme park, which is awesomely amazing. Seriously, we want to go. Now. Here’s why. [Hallmark Channel]
- The Tennessee theme park has lots of sweet rides. Visitors can jump on flying elephants, catapult down lumberjack lifts or spin around on little chairs in the sky. If you don’t want to hurl your fried dough and corn dogs, just float down Beaver Creek.
- Dollywood also has a 30,000-square-foot bird sanctuary which hosts the country’s largest population of bald eagles.
- I think the coolest thing about this place is the huge zip line. There are sky treks from 100 to 1,000 feet. All of them have beautiful views of the Great Smoky Mountains.
- Those who don’t want to fly through the air but still want to tackle death-defying heights can go on the Adventure Mountain course, which has obstacles like swinging beams, ropes courses, suspension bridges and flying islands.
- To get down Southern-style and stuff your face at the same time, we suggest the Dixie Stampede. It’s a four-course dinner with a horse, stunt and magic show.
- If you want to take something home to remind you of Dollywood, you don’t have to buy a stupid T-shirt or mug. This theme park has lots of craftsmen, the kind that were around when Dolly was a little girl. There are glass blowers, wood carvers, candle makers and even a store dedicated to handmade wagons, which probably wouldn’t fit in your suitcase, but still.
- There’s an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. Just saying.
- In honor of Dollywood’s 25th anniversary, there’s going to be a lot of special events, including Dolly’s Designer Showroom, which will showcase all the singer’s sweet, custom-made getups.
Would you take a road trip to Dollywood? [Dollywood]