6 Ways To Celebrate Being Single And Independent This Independence Day!
Independence Day got its name for a historical reason, but here at The Frisky we’re celebrating it with a twist. This Fourth of July don’t just celebrate the independence of our country, but also raise your glass and celebrate that you’re single and independent. Here’s how to add a single and lovin’ it flavor to your Independence Day festivities.
- Watch the fireworks with a friend: Being single doesn’t have to mean you have to be lonely. Invite a friend over to watch the fireworks with you at a local park or even in your own backyard. It could be the perfect time to catch up on life and remember old memories together.
- Go to a local bar: The best way to meet new people, even if it’s just a friend, is to get out there. Try going to a bar and treating yourself to a drink. You might just make a new friend or simply enjoy the time you have to yourself.
- BBQ with some friends: What could be better than celebrating the beautiful sunny weather and your great friends than barbecuing together and enjoying a meal? It is a great way to celebrate being single and appreciating the friends you have. And since you will be going alone, you don’t have to worry about eating too many gassy foods.
- Enjoy a meal alone: Many people are scared of being alone, but truth is, many of us are just that … alone. This Independence Day embrace your alone time. Take yourself out to breakfast, lunch, or even dinner. It will give you some time to reflect on your life and maybe just some time to relax. Plus, one person is always cheaper than two, so you have room to indulge your cravings a bit.
- Take a road trip: Are you dying to see a new nearby attraction, but you just haven’t found the time to go? Well, nothing should hold you back this weekend. Take the time off from work to experience traveling independently. Let’s be honest, what is better than singing in the car when no one can hear you?
- Do something spontaneous: You’re single, you’re independent, you can do whatever you want without anyone to stop you. Now is the time to embrace it. Think of something you’ve been wanting to do, like a visit to the zoo or rock climbing.