Today’s Lady News: “Bright Pill,” A Birth Control Pill For Men, In The Works
- Israeli scientist Professor Haim Breitbart is hard at work on the “Bright Pill,” a birth control pill or injection which has proven to cause temporary sterility in mice. But don’t worry! It fades away and the mice are supposedly as virile as they were before. Prof. Breitbart hopes the male birth control will be on the market for human males within the next five years. [Israel21c]
- Around-the-world-sailor Abby Sunderland, 16, who was recently rescued in the Indian Ocean, is back home in Thousand Oaks, California, and defending herself against critics who say she was too young to sail. “I sailed 12,000 miles by myself, crossed two oceans and sailed around Cape Horn,” Sunderland says. “Questions of my age should have been over a long time ago.” [People]
- Irresponsible headline of the day: “Brooks man shot wife over nagging.” Do they also run headlines like this: “Man punches wife in the eye because she burns dinner”? [Bangor Daily News]
- Need another good reason not to drink during pregnancy, mommy? Alcohol may lower the quality of your future son’s sperm. [CNN.com]
- A new study by South Carolina State University and Florida State University found that beauticians who gave informational packets on nutrition to African-American clients were able to increase those women’s fruit and vegetable intake almost by a half. [Essence.com]
- A woman in Queens, New York, has been charged with advertising in Korean newspapers for nail salon positions and then forcing young women into sex slavery at Long Island massage parlors. Jin Hua Cui, 44, apparently duped at least seven women who speak little or no English and pocketed all the money but the tips. [New York Daily News]
- Washington Post op-ed columnist Kathleen Parker says Barack Obama is “the first female president.” What the heck does that mean? [Washington Post]
- Ew, ew, ew. Joran van der Sloot is not only under investigation in the deaths of Stefany Flores and Natalee Holloway, but police in Bangkok, Thailand, are up in his biz regarding his possible involvement in the Thai sex trade. Van der Sloot allegedly had business cards printed up for a bogus modeling agency as a way to trick young women into becoming sex slaves abroad. [Guanabee]
- A 43-year-old mother of two in Tabriz, Iran, has been sentenced to death by stoning for adultery. Usually in Iran cheating is punished with lashes and prison time. [JPost.com]
- The French government gave final approval to criminalize psychological violence, such as in the case of domestic abuse. According to the law, mental violence is considered to be “repeated acts that could be constituted by words … [that] degrade one’s quality of life and cause a change to one’s mental or physical state.” The mental violence can occur via spoken or written messages. [New York Times]
- Canada released a study yesterday which found dating violence increased nearly twofold for both men and women between 2004 and 2008; although, the majority (80 percent) of police-reported victims are still women. [Vancouver Sun]
- The International Olympic Committee said it will encourage Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Brunei to send female athletes to the 2012 Olympics for the first time ever. [New York Times]
- According to a study from Human Rights Watch, female genital mutilation is still occurring throughout Iraqi Kurdistan. [Time.com]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.