Today’s Lady News: Study Says Obese Women Have Less Sex, More Unwanted Pregnancies
- Obese women with a body mass index over 30 have less sex and more unwanted pregnancies, according to a new study in the British Medical Journal. Obese women are less likely to use oral contraceptives like birth control pills and more likely to use the “pullout method” … and, hence, get preggo. [CBSnews]
- Uh-oh. The FDA is not so sure about flibanserin, the “female Viagra,” anymore. [Wall Street Journal]
- Our friends at Jezebel.com gathered 27 menstruation scenes from movies. An awesome or eww tribute to menarche? [Jezebel]
- Fun fact about California gubernatorial candidate Meg Whitman’s son: he was charged with felony battery in 2006 for pushing a woman, causing her to break her ankle. Apparently, Griffith Rutherford Harsh V (yes, that’s his name) got upset when Velerie Sanchez, then 22, mocked his fraternity and yanked his baseball cap off his head. Later that day, they crossed paths at a cafe and he allegedly “pushed” her with “two open hands on her chest and shoulder area.” A nearby security guard witnessed the shoving incident and corroborated Sanchez’s version of the story. The next day, Whitman, who was then the CEO of eBay, posted her son’s $25,000 bail. Ultimately, the charges were dismissed. [Gawker]
- The Lansing, Michigan, police department has appointed their first-ever liaison for LGBT rights, an openly lesbian detective named Michelle Bryant. [PrideSource]
- Our friend (and contributor!) Chloe Angyal thinks she’s so fancy ’cause she has an article on the Christian Science Monitor’s website about that domestic violence episode of “What Would You Do?” [CSM.com]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.