Today’s Lady News: Samantha Bee On Tuesday’s “Ladies’ Night” Election
- Samantha Bee, have we told you lately that we love you? [The Daily Show]
- On Tuesday night, a Queens, New York, sex offender beat his girlfriend, Tiffany Pettiford, to death with a baseball bat while his other girlfriend (?) and two children watched. Isaiah Smith, who was convicted in 1990 of raping a 10-year-old girl, allegedly suspected his girlfriend was cheating on him because she had left for several days. Pardon me, but why was someone who raped a child let out of prison in the first place? [New York Daily News]
- The International Ski Federation has voted to create a women’s World Cup circuit beginning with the 2011-12 season with the goal of bringing women’s ski jumping to the Olympics in 2014. [Vancouver Sun]
- The State Department has changed regulations so that transgender women who have not had the “bottom part” of the surgery done yet can still change their gender on their passport. [Qweerty]
- What caused that BP oil spill in the Gulf? Abortion! [Jezebel]
- Former Playboy bunnies at Hugh Hefner’s Playboy Clubs talk about life with a fluffy white tail. [NPR]
- Prince Charles, of all people, has spoken out in favor of more “family planning services” for women in the developing world. [Telegraph UK]
- Italy has raised its retirement age for women from 61 to 65, beginning in 2012. [Financial Times]
- London taxi cabs, Underground subways, and bus stops have new advertisements as part of a campaign to promote a more positive image of the Muslim religion. Ad slogans from the Exploring Islam Foundation read, “I believe in women’s rights. So did Muhammad” and “The rights of women are sacred.” [Times of London]
- A Saudi Arabian court sentenced a man to four months in prison and 90 lashes for kissing a woman in a mall. [AP]
5 Signs You Belong Together
We've all heard the old saying that there's someone out there for everyone. Here are a few signs you can look for to figure out just how well you and your partner mesh together.
3 Reasons to Stay Single
There are plenty of benefits to being in a relationship, but there are just as many reasons for staying single.
9 Sexual Communication Tips
Talking about sex can be stressful, Here are nine helpful tips to make it easier.
Top 5 Gifts for Couples
Are you looking for something you can share with your partner? Check out these great recommendations to find something that you'll both love.
Top 5 Gifts for Him
Not sure what to get your man? Check out some of the top gift ideas from the guys at Adam & Eve.
Indulge in a little "me time"
Adam & Eve Adult Toys. Always Discreet, Free Shipping and Bonus Gifts.