The 2010 Tony Awards are this Sunday, and everyone is abuzz, gossiping about who will be there and what will happen. The laundry list of stars and guest appearances is out and after taking a look, we cannot wait to watch. After the jump, check out our list of 10 things we hope will happen at the Tony Awards. Here’s to hoping that all of our wishes come true.
- We want host Sean Hayes to perform with Kristin Chenoweth from “Promises, Promises.” To us, he will always be Jack from “Will & Grace.” So cute!
- Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison, “Glee” stars, are on board to take the stage. Duet, please!
- Chris Noth is also in the lineup. We’re hoping for his usual charming presentation, with the wink and all. Please don’t pull a “Big” and drive away from the red carpet at the last second.
- We hope Paula Abdul shows up wearing something cute. Just make sure she doesn’t talk too much while she presents, or we’ll have to change the channel.
- Jay-Z, co-producer of Tony-nominated “Fela!,” is sure to bring the beautiful Beyonce along. Call the paparazzi: maybe we’ll actually see a rock on her finger in public for once.
- Denzel Washington, up for Best Performance by a Leading Actor in a Play for his work in “Fences,” is going to be there. We just can’t wait to see him. He’s so attractive.
- The opening performance, “Pop Songs You Might Not Know Are on Broadway,” is supposed to be a combination of almost all the Broadway shows from this year. A mash-up of Broadway? Sounds promising.
- Lucy Liu, Cate Blanchett and Helen Mirren are three of many actors scheduled to make an appearance. Hopefully, they’re all wearing equally fabulous gowns. When the talking gets boring, the fashion keeps us occupied.
- Scarlett Johansson better not have anymore on-stage make-out sessions. That is so MTV Movie Awards.
- Green Day, the musical inspiration for “American Idiot,” is scheduled to perform. It’s a long shot, but maybe they’ll play something a little old-school. It’s something unpredictable …
Will you be watching the Tony Awards?