Dennis Hopper broke from Hollywood convention when he co-wrote, directed, and starred in “Easy Rider,” released in 1969, a movie that tells the story of a cross-country motorcycle trip. At that time, he had only appeared on TV and in small movie roles. He made “Easy Rider” for about $1 million, yet it was a box office success and received an Oscar nomination for best original screenplay. After a long history as an actor, artist, and photographer, Dennis died May 29 from a long battle with prostate cancer. But let’s remember this original Hollywood bad boy with the movie that made the studios take notice. [Time]
Check out a look inspired by the movie after the jump.
2. Acne Sue Ellen Beige Hat, $195 on sale, SSense
3. Antik Batik Embroidered Cotton Shirt, $250 on sale, TheOutNet.com
4. Canvas Multi Pocket Backpack, $60, Topshop
5. Ray-Ban Clubmaster Sunglasses, $145, RevolveClothing.com
6. American Vintage Cotton Twill Removable Suspender Pant, $158, RevolveClothing.com