No matter how crappy everything else is in life, “Glee” is a glowing beacon of joy. And tonight, they’re doing a Lady Gaga-themed show because they love us. And I guess because they love Lady Gaga, too. Here are 10 reasons we’re so excited. And maybe if you’re excited too, you can add your own reasons.
- The cast members of “Glee” are each sporting different Gaga costumes. I’d already forgotten about the lobster headpiece!
- Kurt will be dancing in those ungodly Alexander McQueen armadillo shoes or, more accurately, something made to look like them since there are only 21 pairs in existence and I don’t think they made them in big boy sizes. You’ve got to give the guy props for dancing in 10-inch heels, after about five minutes I would have been all, “barefoot time!” Lady Gaga didn’t even dance in those; she just leaned and stuck them out of a tub she was laying in and stuff.
- Hopefully, Rachel (Lea Michelle) will get a chance to sex it up a bit in something pants-less, because we know she’s hot and the innocent schoolgirl look, though totally adorable, is getting old. Since she already pretended to lose her virginity, she gets a little freedom to go risque, I think? Especially since she has a new dreamy boyfriend!
- If I don’t see Sue Sylvester (Jane Lynch) sporting some kind of Gaga accessory, at least, I’m going to be super bummed. I would watch the show if it were just Sue Sylvester and I don’t think I can say that about any other character, maybe ever.
- It sounds like while the girls (and honorary girl, Kurt) are rocking the Lady Gaga looks, the boys are donning Kiss makeup? At least, that’s my assumption since Matthew Morrison said, “I get out of dressing up in Gaga attire or Kiss attire, ’cause there’s a lot of Kiss stuff going on in that episode as well.” And then I saw a clip, and it turns out I’m right! Just like always. [MTV]
- It looks like it’s a group number for “Bad Romance,” but who’s gonna do “Poker Face”!? The excitement is killing me. I want it to be Sue Sylvester or Rachel! Oh wait, just found out it’s Rachel. Well, still epically excited! I hope they don’t do that weird thing where she’s singing but everyone pretends they can’t hear her … that weirds me out.
- Unrelated to the Gaga stuff, Kurt’s dad and Finn’s (Cory Monteith) mom announce they’re moving in together and Rachel finds her birth mom, who just so happens to be the rival glee coach, played by Idina Menzel. Holy crap! [Perez Hilton]
- Tina (Jenna Ushkowitz) speaks up, stutter-free and maybe stops being so goth? Jenna revealed that she was the impetus for the Gaga: “Tina in the Gaga episode has a little bit of a problem expressing herself. She gets in trouble for the way she dresses. So she has to go through a little bit of a change for a little while. And therefore you will see some Gaga in there. She’s slowly coming out of her box. Making her way out of her shell.” It’s about time for some Tina! [E! Online]
- It might be the best episode ever. At least if you trust Cheerio Santana (Naya Rivera), who said, “Best episode we’ve ever shot, in my opinion. I’ve had so much fun. Our outfits are nuts. It’s so fun and the songs are so great. We all look great.” [MTV]
- OK, so there’s no word on whether Lady Gaga will be guest-starring, which is just silly. A lot of sources took this quote: “We reached out to Lady Gaga and she said, ‘Yes, I’d love to be a part of it.’ So we will be doing Lady Gaga this season,” to mean that she would physically be there, but I’m guessing that won’t be the case because it would require some logical explanation. Even though she guest-starred on ‘Gossip Girl’ in the most random of scenes and that show isn’t even 32 percent as good as “Glee.” She did give permission to her songs and loan out her costumes though, which is pretty nice and explains how they pulled off such an awesome feat! [Hollyscoop]
Can’t wait till tonight! Screeee!